My friend and I had a 10th floor room overlooking the river with great views of the city, including the Parliament House, Supreme Court and the western skyline. The room was clean. Heat was easy to adjust, but there was no air circulation. There is one exhaust vent in the bathroom, but it didn't seem to be drawing air.
The small kitchenette with microwave and fridge was an added bonus, and something we would have used were we staying longer than 2 nights. The secondary door, made the bathroom area more private and insulated the room from any hallway noise.
The bathroom was roomy and nicely appointed with two make up mirrors (do women really use those things?), but no hooks or towel bars. The toilet paper rolls were awkwardly mounted on the side of the vanity, which required contortions to reach. It's best to take the toilet paper roll off the rod and set it on the shelf right next to the commode. You'll prevent dislocating your shoulder.
The underground garage was reasonably priced and convenient. It was great during the early spring snow storm.
Although the staff was generally helpful and courteous, my biggest complaint would be breakfast. You have a choice of the buffet in the restaurant for $14.95 or buying muffins/croissants in the lobby bar. I just wanted something light so I bought a croissant ($1.75) and juice in the lobby. On Saturday morning I was told they don't serve muffins and croissants in the lobby, although I could get a small size muffin for $2.85 in the restaurant. The server told me she couldn't sell me the muffin for the same price as the ones in the lobby, because those are for the weekdays only. Huh? The pricing made no sense to me and left me feeling like I was getting ripped off, so I declined.
If you stay here, it's best to go out and sit in a nice patisserie or coffee house.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pour de l'information en Français, visitez: Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa Hotel. Welcome to a 4-Star Hotel in Gatineau, Quebec. The Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa hotel offers the perfect blend of leisure activities and business amenities in a convenient location just 2.4 kilometres (1.5 miles) from Parliament Hill. Guests of our Gatineau hotel appreciate the convenience of close proximity to attractions in both Quebec and Ontario. The Casino du Lac-Leamy, Rideau Canal and Byward Market are all less than six kilometers away. For outdoor enthusiasts, the Chaudiere Falls, Provincial bike path, La Route Verte are just out our door at the Parc des Portageurs. You can jog for miles right beside the Ottawa River. Business guests love the comfort of our riverside hotel near Ottawa, which includes a Business Centre and free high-speed Internet access. For meetings, we have more than 15,000 sq. ft. of flexible space. While staying at our hotel in Gatineau, just across the street from the Ottawa River, dine in our restaurant, La Jardiniere, enjoy a drink in Bar des Chutes, do a lap in our saltwater lap pool, sweat it in our Fitness Ctr, sauna or soak in our whirlpool. And of course, our rooms offer the most comfortable stay in the area. Discover the Nation's Capital with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Plaza La Chaudiere Hotel Gatineau
- Holiday Inn Gatineau
- Gatineau Holiday Inn
- Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa Quebec