We stayed at this hotel from Dec. 22nd, to Dec. 27, 2012
The hotel has just spent a lot of money (millions) on upgrades and the main floor and lobby look good and reflect the expenditures.
Some negative comments
1. There was only 1 power outlet (of the two) in the bathroom that worked
2. There were no towel racks
3. No mirror to view the back of head (important to my wife)
4. Pool closes too early - 9 PM on weekdays and Sat. and 8 PM on Sunday
5. Unable to change room temperature (no batteries in unit)
6. Front of bathroom cabinet was not the cleanest
7. The ice machine had no ice on floor 8, no machine on floor 7 and the ice machine of floor 6
also had no ice. I went to the bar and they provided me with ice.
8. The key access cards for the room did not work on most occasions which nescessitated a trip back to the front desk (annoying to say the least from the 8th floor)
Some positive comments
1. Front desk staff very friendly and helpful at all times
2. The bartender was very friendly and helpful - when my wife and I wanted something to eat late one night, he took the order and brought the drinks and food to our room.
3. The staff handling the restaurant was very friendly
4. The room was spacious
5. The king size bed was very comfortable as were the pillows
6. The hotel is very well located with a view of the Ottawa River (from our room)
7. The exercise room is convenient and the machines and weights were more than adequate.
Overall, I give it a FAIR rating (since next rating is VERY GOOD and the hotel does not merit that rating - but I would say GOOD if there was such a category). I think there is still work to be done on upgrades behind the scene but overall, I would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pour de l'information en Français, visitez: Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa Hotel. Welcome to a 4-Star Hotel in Gatineau, Quebec. The Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa hotel offers the perfect blend of leisure activities and business amenities in a convenient location just 2.4 kilometres (1.5 miles) from Parliament Hill. Guests of our Gatineau hotel appreciate the convenience of close proximity to attractions in both Quebec and Ontario. The Casino du Lac-Leamy, Rideau Canal and Byward Market are all less than six kilometers away. For outdoor enthusiasts, the Chaudiere Falls, Provincial bike path, La Route Verte are just out our door at the Parc des Portageurs. You can jog for miles right beside the Ottawa River. Business guests love the comfort of our riverside hotel near Ottawa, which includes a Business Centre and free high-speed Internet access. For meetings, we have more than 15,000 sq. ft. of flexible space. While staying at our hotel in Gatineau, just across the street from the Ottawa River, dine in our restaurant, La Jardiniere, enjoy a drink in Bar des Chutes, do a lap in our saltwater lap pool, sweat it in our Fitness Ctr, sauna or soak in our whirlpool. And of course, our rooms offer the most comfortable stay in the area. Discover the Nation's Capital with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG and Travelocity so you can book your Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Plaza La Chaudiere Hotel Gatineau
- Holiday Inn Gatineau
- Gatineau Holiday Inn
- Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa Quebec