“If you like SALTY meat....”
Review of Ekko de Brasil - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Champlin Bridge
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Costly disappointment.
The atmosphere is lovely. The salad bar items were fresh, although the selections were not overly extensive.
Our server seemed overwhelmed.
The entertainment was, well, a high-school effort to pop music. Where's the brazilian experience? We were there 2 hours and the three dancers came out for two one-song sets lasting no more than a few minutes.
The consistency of the meat was hit and miss. Most of the time the meat was FAR TOO salty and entirely inedible - I'm talking to you chicken and sausage and beef!
I would have wanted to see a plethora of sauces at our table, to try as dips along with the different meats. Why would anyone want to eat dry, salty, meat all night?
Dessert consisted of warmed pineapple crusted with cinnamon. It was quite nice, however, I would expect that - for the price - there would be a dessert buffet as well.
The place was packed! A good sign? I'm not sure. I know that the large groups seemingly received much better, more attentive service, than people like us sitting 2 or 4 to a table.
Again, for 42.50 per person, drinks not included, this experience should have wowed us, not leave us wanting to leave.
We are still wondering what was Brazilian about the entire evening... It isn't reflected in the decor, or the foods on the salad bar, or the dancers costumes or sets. Is it only that they carve your meat at the table cause we had that experience in Mexico? ...an opportunity missed is also an opportunity that exists for an overhaul of this to BEcome what it is advertised as being.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Went with a group of four. We arrived early. The service was very good. The waitress took the time to explain the restaurant concept. The food was delicious at the buffet. There could have been a little more there, but nothing was missing in terms of choice. The meat service was actually really quick and the meat was well cooked. I have had better quality meat, not sure about the pork and saussage serving. The beef, chicken and lamb were excellent. If you don't like a medium rare cook, this type of meat is not for you. The meat is on the rare side. The show was very good but a little too short. There was only one dance to start and the second one came only after 45 minutes. All in all good service, good food, good entertainment. I will be back.

1  Thank FAJN
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Went with a Groupon. Had a delicious meal. Food was great, atmosphere was relaxed and welcoming, service was excellent. Will be back!

2  Thank Chapmandala
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Went to this restaurant yesterday and must say I'm hooked!! Loved the salad bar, the condiment bar, cheese and crakers section. Everything was fabulous. There was also an excellent show with dancers to entertain us. Loved it all. One little snag, though our waitress was extraordinary, the guy passing the meat around forgot us many times. We were offered chicken thighs twice, sausage twice, beef once but we never got to try the beautiful piece of roast beef going around. We also had to wait a long time for our desert (same guy).
All in all, well worth the money and the time. Loved it. This girl is going back for sure.

1  Thank Carole.y.gauthier
Reviewed March 8, 2013

This restaurant is in the basement of a local hotel. It was interesting. Decor was good. They had a small band playing music, in Portugese I assume, because it was not English or French. Nice music. The food is all you can eat, with a buffet for salads, rice and casseroles. The meat is cooked on large skewers, and then paraded around the restaurant. The servers stop at tables to slice off chucks. It was more food than I could eat, but this is definitely a good place for someone with a very large appetite. As well, the tables are long and can be placed together, so this is a good choice for a large group. The price is over $40/person, so with six people in tow, a few drinks and a bottle of wine later, my husband was paying the bill of over $400. Ok, but that is too pricy to get my business a second time. However, a good choice if you are paying for yourself or for a couple only.

1  Thank J-J-9917