“only one complaint”

Cross street: Champlin Bridge
Orleans, Ontario, Canada
“only one complaint”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We have been there a few times, every time we went we used a groupon or dealfind coupon which gives us $165 for $80. I don't really like the fact that the waiters think we should tip based on the $165, I get a coupon to save money, and pay the tip based on the value of the coupon. They get a little pushy and sound so upset when you only give them $14 instead of $30, because of that and the fact the table kept losing its stability, we probably won't go back.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank mJones2nd

Ottawa, Canada
“Not worth your money!”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

For the past year I wanted to go to Ekko Brasil, as I heard so many good things about this place. I have been to Brasil myself, so was looking forward to having a little bit of that here.
We went with 3 more couples - reservations for 8pp on Saturday, February 9/13. Got the table right at the entrance, so every time the door open, all the cold air would come right in - not to comfortable.
Service: A little bit slow. Had to keep asking for the servers to come by. We saw the lamb once, most of the time was chicken and pork. The food was good, but spend to much time waiting for it.
Price: One thing that annoys me is not seeing the prices. I knew it was from $39.95 to $45.50, as seen on other reviews, but nothing to indicate that. End up paying $85.00 for both, so I guess it is $42.50 pp? The drinks are expensive - $7.95 for a Caipirina and it was to sweet and minimal alcohol - had better in other places. Wine - another rip off - prices from $45.00 cheapest.
Ambiance: this is located in the Chateau Cartier, so I guess they are going with the old theme - classic carpet, chairs, wall paper - nothing to suggest this is a brazilian restaurant. Also, the large tables are banquet tables that are folded at the end of the night. This was a Saturday night and there were nearly no one left after 10pm. By the way the meat stops at 10pm, you can have the buffet.
Tips: no matter how bad or good of a service you had, the tip is included - not impressed, as the service did not equal the tip we had to pay, as we were a group of 8.
Each couple spend close to $200.00, so our table was worth $800.00 and we did not get the attention you get at other establishments for less than that.
Show: that is a joke. I thought the show will be happening during dinner and will keep us entertained - no, you have a small performance at 7:30pm - around 3 minutes and another at 8:30pm, another 3 minutes. After that the girls mingle with each table, that is it!
Little attention: we were celebrating a birthday, so after talking to the server, they brought a little bowl of ice cream and grilled pineapple - that was a nice touch.
Will, I go back - maybe on a Groupon or Dealfind, but not paying full price - there are better places to go and spend money and receive value and service at the same time.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Elena L
Ottawa, Canada
“One word...amazing”
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the first times I can say that I have nothing negative to say about a restaurant. The service, entertainment, atmosphere and food was amazing.

The food is the best part. Free salad bar and they bring an abundance of different types of meat freshly cooked to your table to taste or have as a meal. Would recommend 100%

2 Thank mprudh
Ottawa
“Would definately go again”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Took my wife to Ekko de Brasil for her bday on a wednesday night. Wasn't very busy which was great. The buffet and salad bar were amazing. Loved the selection and the food tasted great.

Loved the meat selection. Service was fast and very polite.

Music was great. Decors was great.

The service was fabulous.

I would definitely go again. Loved every moment.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Drowssy
Ottawa
“For the Food and The Show!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were there in august (party of 4 adults), The food, the services, the atmosphere, and the show was fantastic. The place was very crowded with people, not much children around, so if you want to have a quiet evening with your significant other , well it's not the place to go. But if you want to have a real good time, and feel like your at a party, well you should go absolutly !

The dancers are very professional, beautiful costums , they will find a way to have you participate in no-time...don't worry if you don't want they will respect your choice....after a couple of try.

The price, it could get a little expensive ( we spent a bit more then 500$ and we were 4...food and 2 bottles of wine) , but we have no regret and will do it again for sure!

• Visited August 2012