“Nice Casino but quite small!”

Casino du Lac Leamy
Ranked #1 of 14 Fun & Games in Gatineau
More attraction details
Owner description: American-style grand casino with European style features 1,756 gaming spots, 64 tables including Blackjack, Baccarat, American and European Roulette, plus 1,870 slots and a Keno lounge.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Casino is very nice. They now have more and more slot machines, but they have a bunch of old ones! Not a lot of people offering drinks while playing. Rapidly did the tour!

2  Thank realbob666
in 24 reviews
"brunch"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed September 3, 2013

As soon as you walk in you are surrounded by a multitude of stimuli's , the lights, the sounds, the people some looking very happy and some like they just got the news that they have 12 hours to live.... The staff at the door are very welcoming and all smiles. I even got compliments on my dress.

The thing about my visit at the casino, I went a couple times and it was not even to play; I went for a formal evening in a private area and I returned for a show; each time I had to walk in the casino to access the rooms where I was going... I remember at a certain point in time, they had another access to avoid the casino. From my point of view it's another way to attract people to play (since you are walking between tables and machines, why not play a little 5$-10$ ?) Personally , it's a strategy that doesn't work with me and it will do the contrary , I will try to avoid attending any event at the casino from now-on .

So if you like to be stimulate , you love the lights , the luxury, the special attention from the staff , and the sounds, you'll have a great evening.

On a more positive not, I should mention the restaurants, you have to try the Baccara (very expensive but you have to go at least once in your life...the best restaurant I ever tried).

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Got there from Downtown Ottawa by Taxi, cost us around 15$ with tip, less than 10 minutes.

Got carded when we entered ;) lol

Started by eating at the bistro, we shared a pizza and were not even able to finish it. Food was alright, burgers, fries, buffet, etc., average quality, quite good but heavy.

The casino itself is pretty large, it takes quite a long time to go around the whole thing. There are many bathrooms and also a smoking area on the balcony. Staff is very friendly and helpful.

Drinks are overpriced but that is to be expected!!

I found the ambience to be very different from the Montreal casino, just looking at the way people dressed, it seemed classier than the Montreal casino. Everyone there was very amicable.

We enjoyed our time very much and would definitely return!

1  Thank Jenna L
Reviewed August 24, 2013

My family and I went to this casino just to have a little fun. None of us are into gambling, but we just wanted to see the casino and play with some cash. So once we got there, we were all hungry, so we went to the fast food place which is called Le Cafe (downstairs) and got some sandwiches and poutines. The food was actually quite good, especially the poutine was delicious. We played for about an hour, and made about 30 bucks. The casino is quite big, and they have plans on expanding so I'm sure you won't regret going here. It is a fun place!