“A not so vegetarian restaurant that is a must!”
Review of Fleur de Sel - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Fleur de Sel
Trois-Rivieres
“A not so vegetarian restaurant that is a must!”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This used to be a solely vegetarian restaurant, but they have added fish, seafoods, and some meat to there menu. Exceptional quality for the price. Scallops were very well and originally prepared. Crab "cakes" (nothing fried here) were fresh and tasty. Nice terrasse outside. Really, try it if you're in the area.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank madenjojo

Gatineau
“Good food”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

The food is this restaurant always been superb. Great location, beautiful decor, and great service.

• Visited December 2011
Ottawa, Canada
“Truly wonderful”
Reviewed September 20, 2011

The food is amazing, the chef is very involved. The restaurant is beautifully decorated and their patio is amazing. This is one of my favorite places. The french atmosphere adds to the ambience.

• Visited August 2011
Ottawa, Canada
“Such rude, arrogant service!”
Reviewed May 21, 2010

My first clue should have been the fact that it is a Friday evening on Laval St with clear blue skies and perfect weather -- every other restaurant within a 3 block radius is packed but here at Fleur de Seul the restaurant is empty and I am sitting outside with only 4 other tables seated (on what is admittedly a very pleasant terrace).

Table 1 gets their food a few minutes after I arrive and within mere minutes a very irate gentleman has gone inside to tell the chef what he can do with his undercooked lamb; within 5 minutes this table leaves. Meanwhile, some chippy of a waitress slams plastic cups of water on our table and haughtily turns her back to us before we can order. Looking around, I realize that everyone else has been there longer than us (20 minutes by now) and they too are sitting around with nothing more than cups of tepid water and menus.

It's a beautiful evening to be sitting outside but enough is enough -- clearly serving customers isn't part of the mission statement here so we get up to leave. On my way out I pass by the door to the (empty) kitchen and pop my head in to let the waitress know that she has one less table to ignore. Explaining that I have been waiting for 20 minutes and will be waiting no longer, the chef overhears me and jumps in out of nowhere to snap that it's fine with him, get out of his restaurant, goodnight and good riddance. I in turn bid him adieu and wish him all the best with his few remaining customers. "Au revoir!" he screams and then he runs over and slams the door!

(Note to Fleur de Sel: time to unplug the TV -- only Gordon Ramsay gets away with treating customers like [---] while still making a living.) Such rude, arrogant people... if this sort of hospitality is par for course then I am unsurprised to learn that L'Argoat was unable to make a go of things on their own and had to merge into Fleur de Sel. From what I saw tonight it is only a matter of time before this nut job of a chef brings down Fleur de Sel as well.

2 Thank singleminded
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Wonderful flavours served on beautiful plates.”
Reviewed December 4, 2008

Wonderful flavours served on beautiful plates.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook