“Oversized furniture in the room and maintenance”

Le St-Christophe - Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Granby
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Our room was way too small for the size of the furniture (entertainment system). We had to wait for one person to pass before the second can go around the bed. Maintenance wasn't at a standard expected for this type of hotel, missing door handle, wardrobe handle door missing, wardrobe door hard to open.

As for the pool, water very cold for our entire stay.

The good point, beds were very comfortable.

Room Tip: Have a visit of your room before taking it.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Line G
HotelStChristophe, Public Relations Manager at Le St-Christophe - Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Line,

Thank you for your review, I will transfer this message to the maintenace manager.
We appreciate that you want to help us to achieve our goal which is the entire satisfaction of our guest.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back at the St-Christophe when you are in the area.

Kinds regards,

There are newer reviews for Le St-Christophe - Hotel & Spa

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Staff were amazing, especially at the Picollo, André and Patrice are an extraordinary team!
They were really busy although they keep their smile and their professionalism all night long!
Thanks guyz, you did our trip!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Palma M
HotelStChristophe, Public Relations Manager at Le St-Christophe - Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Palma,

I would like to thank you first for the nice words toward our server Andre and Patrice. They will be more than happy to receive your feedback. Since it's a pride to have our name on TripAdvisor, I'm sure that you made their day!

Reviewed February 18, 2014

We booked a one vacation for our anniversary and for valentine's day weekend. Before booking the room, I called to ensure that there would not be an extra charge as it was a holiday weekend. I was told that there was an additional 20 charge which I agreed to. When we arrived we did not get the room that was promised with a balcony and a fireplace as we were told that there were none left. The night itself was enjoyable and the room was clean and it was a relaxing place, but upon our checkout I was charged an additional 160 dollars, which I refused to pay. After some discussion, I was charged an additional 115. I am very upset about these additional charges and no longer trust this hotel or anything they say. I would not go back in fear of spending more money!!!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask about hidden fees and charges and double and even triple check because they'll...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hillary J
HotelStChristophe, Guest Relations Manager at Le St-Christophe - Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Miss Hilary,
I understand your dissapointement, but the extra charges (taxes and gratuities) are mentionned on the coupon you purchased on Tuango or GoYub.
I am sorry for the confusion if we havn't mentionned it at your arrival or during the reservation.
I hope we will have the chance to see you again.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Went there for 1 night initially, decided to stay another night. Staff was friendly. It was nice to have a call after I got to my room, to ask if everything was to my liking. I wasn't aware of the 4pm check in policy as most other hotels are 3pm. Nevertheless had to wait until 4:20pm. Room was clean, classy, and comfortable. It was kind of strange having a frosted bathroom door for a room with 2 double beds, you could almost see through doors. Pool, hot tub, and sauna were nice and not very busy.

Breakfast was another story! How long does breakfast actually take? There's like 6 things on the menu! We were literally waiting 1hr from sit down to food served. Also, if someone extends their stay, please give them the complimentary breakfast coupon, or call them and ask if they'd like to pay the additional charge. I was told upon check in, that the complimentary breakfast included bagels and waffles, which is fine, but when I went down the 2nd morning (after I forgot to get the 7$ breakfast from the desk, my fault), I simply asked for the bagel and cereal breakfast, not the a la carte menu. The waitress said ok, and asked if I would like yogurt with that. Not knowing what was part of the free breakfast, I said yes. Then I got a bill for $15. It was fine, but a little confusing. That also took an hour! To what, toast a bagel? The restaurant was half full, which is like 6-7 tables. They didn't even apologize for the time it took, like that was all normal.

Didn't try the spa, as I read that it was under the stairwell and noisy. So, cannot comment on that myself. Another thing they should mention, is the fact that the back door is locked after a certain time, so my key card does not allow me to get in, which kind of defeats the purpose of having key entry. I normally wouldn't mind walking around to the front entrance, but it was -40. The back is where the parking lot is. Baffling!

It was my first Ascend visit. And I'm sorry, but I was expecting a little more.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
HotelStChristophe, Guest Relations Manager at Le St-Christophe - Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Mister Rory,
I would like to thank you for your comments. We think that guest feedback is the best way to improve our product and service and become an establishment where we have the entire satisfaction of our guest.
I took note of your comments and be sure that we will try our best to give you what you expect next time!
Thanks again!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Stayed here during the holidays with the family. Gorgeous european styled place - nicely decorated hotel. Great spa services, enjoyed the sauna and jacuzzi outdoors while it was snowing! Pricing is okay, excellent food - breakfast included in room fees. Kids love the pool.
I am sure this place is a hit during the summer - located on lake Boivin (I think) with a bike bath etc.... many things to do. Near the main streets of Granby - cute little shops, cafes and restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
HotelStChristophe, Public Relations Manager at Le St-Christophe - Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

First of all, thank you very much for your comments.
You are right, we are very well located, directly on the bike path and near all the attractions in town. Summer is a great season for the tourism, as well as winter!
We wish that you will be back to enjoy the eastern townships again.
Thanks again for your good words.

Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for two nights with daughter for the JEQ in Bromont
-warm welcome at desk very polite and curtious.

-rooms very clean and well kept, good toiletries.

-nice indoor pool and whirlpool nice way to wind down after long day.

-appreciated a la carte breakfast, nice selection. included in price of room.

-set up to look like french manor a tad tacky but easily overlooked.

-my only complaint the hotels location, a bit off the travelled path .

-all in all a good deal

• Stayed: September 2013
HotelStChristophe, Guest Relations Manager at Le St-Christophe - Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

First of all, i would like to thank you for staying at the St-Christophe Hotel Boutique & Spa. We appreciate our guest and hospitality is a priority for us.

According to what you wrote, we did accomplish our mission to satisfy our custumer! We are very proud of that, and we wish we will have the chance to see you again!

Thanks for your comments.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband and I spent 2 nights at this great place. It's not like any other choice hotel. Spa, jacuzzi, massages and and indoor heated pool. We were traveling in the area because we enjoy bike riding and the bicycle path is right at the back of this hotel. They also have a nice terrasse were you could enjoy they great dinner meals they serve. Try it!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelStChristophe, Guest Relations Manager at Le St-Christophe - Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you very much for your comments!
I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.
Hope to see you again in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Granby
Hotel Castel & Spa Confort
Auberge-Spa Le Madrigal
Hotel Bromont
Hotel Bromont
#6 of 7 in Bromont

Been to Le St-Christophe - Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!