“Stellar”

Restaurant L'Imperial
Ranked #1 of 141 Restaurants in Granby
Cuisines: French, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: Deragon
“Stellar”
Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic food, service and ambiance.

Tous les chose est formidables!

3 Thank bobcorson

Montreal, Canada
“Big surprise to find such a good resto in Granby”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Back from a long journey to Africa, I recently invited a friend to L'IMPÉRIAL.It was so good six months ago.
And it is still top notch.. it is surprising to find in Granby, that is an industrial city where average salary is rather moderate, an establishment of that quality. People of that city know what is fresh and tasty food, and the renowned farmers of the area provide them well.
This restaurant is serving « cuisine du marché » and all is fresh. Nothing frozen and only top
quality products. My guest and I shared paté de foie gras and halibut. Just devine ! Their lime pie is excellent.The service is impeccable.It is rather expensive to eat there but the bill is honnest.
I found that their white wine list a bit short.I advise the readers to go on tuesday night where wine is half priced.

• Visited July 2012
5 Thank Andre T
Marblehead
“A Must Visit - One of the Best in North America”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

My wife, daughter and I were in Granby for the evening and wanted French cuisine. I must say L'imperial's foie gras was the best I have had since we ate in Tour D'Argent in Paris. It was truly comparable. I had the duck and my wife and daughter had the filet mignon on the bone which is a rare treat. My wife also had the fresh mozzarella with home grown tomatoes. It was extraordinary. I am sure when the word spreads this restaurant will become like the French Laundry in Napa aving a year wait for a reservation !!! Just to eat here is worth a trip, no one will be disappointed. The restaurant is pricey, but less than a comparable restaurant in New York or Boston.

One of the owners, Richard Lafrance came over to our table upon hearing we were from the States to tak with us. He could not have been more hospitable and was curious how we found the restaurant. His genuine concern about how we enjoyed our meal was truly refreshing. If we get back to Granby this will be our definate choise to go again. I have to thank them for the unexpected truly wonderful dinner.

• Visited April 2012
5 Thank MarbleheadFamily
“Inspired menu, great atmosphere!”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

We had been meaning to go to L'imperial since it first opened last fall. Well last night was the night. They have a bar side and a dining room side. In the summer they also have a terrasse so you can sit outdoors. We chose The dining room, and although it was full and space is a bit tight it wasn't uncomfortable.

They have a small menu that is all fresh and rotates often and for the seasons. They have daily specials as well as the current menu. We picked out a varied selection of tasty treats and shared our dishes to get a feel for the food. We had lobster bisque, white fish tempura, file mignon, crab cakes and dessert. Everything was well prepared and very fresh. A touch more seasoning in some spots (crab cakes) and a little bigger steak may have put the food at 5/5, but all in all, a very pleasant meal made by a chef who clearly cares. I learned about their 12$ lunch specials and that will be a must in the near future.

6 Thank Belovian
Montreal, Canada
“Refined and innovative. Excellent... everytime!”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I had the chance to go to l'Impérial a couple times and was never disappointed. It is well worth the trip from Montreal and will definetly meet your expectations.

Every plate is carefully worked out and the result is a refined whole that is pleasant and not pretentious. There is a great use of ingredients that makes simple ... Special.

Service is also pretty good and attentionate.
The only negative would be the backgroud music that seems to change in style quite frequently, apart from that, A1

• Visited November 2011