“nice restaurant”

Restaurant L'Intimiste
Ranked #3 of 179 Restaurants in Levis
Cuisines: Canadian, French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cote du passage
Transit: Bus stop in front of the restaurant.
Description: Quaintly situated in the heart of Old Levis, l'Intimiste is a sure-fire gourmet stop for anyone visiting the South shore. As suggested by its name, this reputable restaurant offers refined cuisine and service in a cozy and intimate atmosphere. The well-balanced menu is composed of game, fish, and sea food. On the second floor, a private room outfitted with multimedia equipment is ideal for any successful business lunch. The lounge side attracts a mainstream clientele in search of a contemporary menu or for a place for a drink amongst friends. With its stone walls and warm decor, the lounge offers a perfectly relaxed atmosphere. Greatly appreciated by many, l'Intimiste has become an essential establishment in Levis. Whether you are looking for an excellent lunch or an unforgettable supper, you will fall in love with l'Intimiste, and all at a reasonable price.
Maine
“nice restaurant”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This was a good restaurant for two out of three in our party. Reason being, there were virtually no vegetarian options on the menu. That member of the party had a tossed salad. Otherwise it is a very meat oriented menu. The other two members of the group had chicken and fish dishes which they found quite good.

Visited June 2014

Manchester
“Extraordinaire!”
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

The combination of good food, good wine, good service and attractive surroundings make an irresistible combination.

I found this wonderful restaurant during a downpour a blessedly short distance from my B&B on Beau Sejour. It was about 1/2 full of folks engaged in lively conversations. My server promptly presented the eclectic menu filled with tempting choices. The wine list, while short, had some interesting choices, as well.

I decided on snails with portobellos to start (delicious) followed by braised bison cheeks with a rich pot gravy served on a bed of turnip, potato and red pepper. On top was a single asparagus, a baby zucchini and a few haricot vert. It looked beautiful and tasted wonderful. The barman suggested a 2010 Nebbiolo to go with it. Perfect.

The service was vert good and that staff congenial. All in, it was a fine dining experience.

Visited June 2014
Levis, Canada
“Romantic night out !!!”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Similar to Resto Delice but has a more romantic atmosphere. Food, service, choices, prices and friendly employees makes it worth to try.
Save a little corner in your stomach and walk across the street to enjoy some special ice cream selection from Les Chocolats Favoris. Be prepare to wait in line a bit. It is a very popular place on a summer night.

• Visited August 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I was born in Lévis, but now live in Montreal. I return in Lévis regularly to visit my parents, but I rarely go to restaurants in this small town. My wife and I took my father there for his birthday, and we were all amazingly surprised by the quality of food. Each of our three-course meals were absolutely fantastic: both original and well executed. For example, I chose the sweetbread, the braised buffalo cheek, and the maple baba au rhum flambé, which were all delicious. On top of that, we had really good service.

• Visited April 2014
falmouth, maine
“second time, worth the ferry...and better than most restaurants in the cite'”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

My fiancee (and now wife) took me here a few years ago. We took the ferry across (in the dead of winter...btw....), then climbed up 130-135 steps, then walked further up the hill to the main street of Levis. L'intimiste is a very chic cafe with a lounge (where you can order from the bar or main dining room menu) and a slightly stodgier main dining room, where you can only order from the one menu. On this night the lounge was full; it was a saturday, vicious ice storm kept many people home. The main dining room had one table occupied. My advice? The lounge. It is cozy, warm, has a slick bar and contemporary and relaxed feeling.
Service was great. Very nice and helpful waiters.
They have a good wine and beer selection. Not vast, but chosen with care.
I'd describe the food as contemporary fusion. Not sure if they are breaking new ground, but they aren't rooted in the past. This wasn't a steak and baked potato place.
We had celery and roasted garlic soup. Celery is well down - actually near the bottom - of my favorite vegetable list, but this was outstanding. Then I had wild boar pate....which I am a sucker for, and it was good, and my wife had buffalo filets....which was so good I think she reluctantly offered me some. We both had salmon and potatoes which was expertly done, and we eat salmon all the time. this was delicious. For dessert I broke with my rule that all dessert is chocolate based and got an Amaretto cake, which was actually terrific, and my wife broke her rule of not eating dessert and got a gateau chocolate, which was fantastic. AS it turned out, I ate both. Good coffee, reasonable bill with 2 drinks each of about $150, including the tip.
We then negotiated the hill and steps (and BTW....I cannot recommend IceTrekker Diamond grips strongly enough. They saved our lives, literally. Two days of freezing rain created an absolute treacherous nightmare....and I cannot imagine being able to safely walk ANYWHERE that night except for these, which we bought that morning at MEC in Quebec!). Anyway, my second time at L'intimiste, and i would (and probably will) go back again. I think it is better than the half dozen restaurants I've eaten at in QC including le Continental, Bello, and a few others...it is IMHO - THE reason to take the Quebec Levis ferry.

Visited January 2014