“Terrible doesn't cut it.” 1 of 5 bubbles

Over The Coals
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek, Canadian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible doesn't cut it.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Where do I start. We came here for the second time, we thought we would give then a second chance, well I wish we would have gone to bills as we usually do for greek food. The service was terrible, the food was beyond disgusting and when we finally got a waitress she was rude and annoyed. Maybe because this isn't the first time she's been complained to. They need a new menu and new staff before I would ever come back.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Sarahcarm

“Excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Not only did they allow my husband to place a pickup order as it was close to closing, the staff was super friendly and our food was hot and delicious.

• Visited June 2013
Portage la Prairie, Canada
“Great Atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

I have eaten here many times, and would like to compliment over the coals yet again for a delicious meal! Always quick, friendly service. Never waiting long for the food! :) I got the veggie gyro with tz and a greek salad with chicken! Absolutely perfect !! Highly recommended!

• Visited April 2013
MB, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Usually good, but....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

I usually don't post bad reviews, but was a bit put off by this place today. I'm from out of town, and in portage 5-6 times per month for business. I have my usual places to eat lunch, and recently tried this place. The first two times I was there, everything was great, food, service and cleanliness. Today, I was in shortly after noon. It was not busy. I ordered the quarter chicken, and it was not good. Overcooked and very dry. Should never have been served, it didn't even look good on the plate. I think they had made too many for another order and just threw this one on my plate to get rid of it. Also, in past visits my quarter chicken came with a drumstick. No such luck today, just a dried up breast, and a dinky little "wing" that was nothing more than crispy skin that I could hardly bite through. Worst of all, server never asked how my meal was, either during or after when I paid. Back to Bill's from now on, I guess!

1 Thank steveoya
“Fabulous!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Very clean restaurant with a bright and simple decor. Service is quick and friendly and the food great! Chicken is real and tender, portions are large and the prices fair. Just what Portage la Prairie needs!