“Hockey Trip”

Super 8 Portage La Prairie MB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
DAUPHIN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Came for a hockey tournament. Rooms were relatively clean(There were 2 beer bottle caps left on the floor in our room from a past hotel guest) and the staff were friendly. Kids had a really great time. Only compalint is that the pool towels not allowed in the rooms so then the kids had to walk through the cold lobby wet on their way to the rooms. Either then that it was an enjoyable stay!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Meghan S, General Manager at Super 8 Portage La Prairie MB, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear traveller,

I'm happy to hear that you and yours had a good time while travelling for a tournament. It is our goal to provide you with a home away from home. It is strange that you were told the pool towels aren't "allowed" in the rooms; we welcome you to take them with you to go down the hallways and into the lobby, but kindly ask that guests return them to the pool area after changing. This simply helps us keep up with the washing of the pool towels, and makes sure there are enough that are clean and dry for the next day, and I think this is what the front desk person meant.

I apologize that you found debris from a previous guest in your room, and I assure you that this is unusual for our hotel. Please know that your comment will be addressed in how we clean and inspect our rooms.

Once again, thank you so much for your review! Hope to see you the next time you're in Portage!
DAUPHIN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

On the Sunday morning I had no hot water for my shower. The television hook ups on the back of the tv did not work for an Xbox hookup. I could not use my 10% hockey discount card for reasons that could not be relayed to me, as staff did not know why. The hairdryer quit working and actually came right out of the wall. the front desk staff would complain when she went into the breakfast room and had to clean up. The coffee was cold in the breakfast room on Sat morning. Also, the cable tv needs to be upgraded to include more then 10 chanels of garbage. Also tvs need to be upgraded. All around I was not happy with our stay at the Super 8 and wont stay again at the portage location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Meghan S, General Manager at Super 8 Portage La Prairie MB, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Traveller,

I sincerely apologize for the problems you experienced during your stay. The concerns you mentioned are definitely out of the ordinary at our location; I have seen many guests bring their gaming systems and use them, and we have two commercial grade hot water tanks, so we rarely run out of hot water in the mornings.

I have rectified the situation with the channels - it was just a matter of pushing the "reset" button on the front of the TV, then all the channels came back, complete with our four free movie channels. I'm very sorry that you experienced only 10 channels - everyone should get the full cable experience at a hotel!

The discount card you provided was for Dauphin locations only; one of those ones that a local high school sells for fundraising. I apologize for the confusion on that matter.

Thank you very much for bringing to my attention these issues, and please know that if you were to come back again, you would be much more satisfied.

Meghan