“Pretty good”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Service was slow. Food was pretty good, but not amazing. Server gave everybody water at beginning but never came back to refill. I'd go back, but I'm not going to rush back

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Service: 10/10. The staff was warm, friendly, genuine, and efficient. Absolutely could not ask for more and this was the reason the restaurant got a "Very Good" from me.

Food: 8/10. First of all, the portions are beyond generous. We had the baked tortellini and the lasagna and each one absolutely covered the plate to the edge and heaped high. We are not huge people but could not manage a bite over 1/2 the plate. We shared the cheesecake for dessert and it was honestly 3 times the size that it "needed" to be... great value I suppose, but totally overkill. The pasta was good... if you have had a lot of extremely high quality hand-made pastas, you probably won't be blown away, but the sauces are flavourful and it's a decent rendition of a home-style pasta dish.

Value: 8/10. The prices are not cheap... the more basic pasta dishes range from $13 - $19 and include garlic bread. The premium pastas are $22 and include garlic bread and a choice of salad or soup. These premium pastas include imitation crab and if you want real crab, it's another $7. For me, this is really pushing it in terms of pricing for pasta. However, on the other hand, the portions are absolutely huge. So if you think about this as dinner for tonight and lunch for tomorrow, they seem relatively reasonable, but for me I would really prefer the prices to be 25% cheaper and the portions equally smaller.

Atmosphere: 10/10. It is not a 5* Vancouver restaurant by any stretch of the imagination but in terms of a small town casual restaurant, it was exactly what it should be. Extremely clean, tables not crowded together, etc. Very pleasant place to eat.

Overall, we would return, but would probably share an entree - they are simply that big. Very friendly, accommodating, nice curb appeal; as long as your expectations are of a good but "small-town" restaurant, there are no disappointments here.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

With my son, who is now 11. He's eaten here with us since he was very young, at least 4. I've never witnessed or had an experience like Lori is suggesting. I have though watched the staff welcome and entertain very young guests with pleasure though.

Now, to the food. I have a favourite because it's light, spaghetti marinara which is confusing because it's not a tomato sauce it's white wine, garlic, olive oil and sea food. Delicious. So flavourful! I also have the calamari which is perfect. Everything I've tried is good. I brag this place up to people from out of town and recommend it to everyone who wants a really nice experience in Quesnel. Though, those who say our food here isn't usually great in general are not truthful. We also have great Greek food and sushi. Not many small towns can say that!

Reviewed April 26, 2012

I'm appalled by Lori's experience, but can only comment on that of my wife and I. We were told it was the best place in town to go for a romantic dinner (it was our anniversary), and we were not disappointed. The food and wine were quite good, as was the service.

Reviewed July 16, 2011

I've had dinner here a number of times and it's always been a pleasant experience. Good restaurants in Quesnel are rare especially food quality but Penisola is very good all around. The wine selection is limited which is my only complaint (probably could bring my own bottle if I asked). Oh and nice table linen would be awesome. Service is friendly, good lighting,
great menu selection, and decent
prices. Highly recommend! :)

1  Thank NewToQuesnel