“Can’t give it 3 and a half stars!”

MR MIKES SteakhouseCasual Quesnel
Reserve a Table
Fri, 7/19
8:00 PM
Ranked #4 of 81 Restaurants in Quesnel
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Families with children
Description: No fancy frills, no stuffed shirt attitude. Just real people and great food. Everything you want in a steakhouse - only casual.
Reviewed June 11, 2019

Called here when travelling with the Rocky Mountaineer. They stay open later than usual on the two days each week that the train calls. I had the ribeye which I would Class as quite good. If I was in Quesnel again I would eat there and I would have it again. One personal issue was they have no ordinary tables, either boothes or high bar stool tables. I don’t like either but it’s a personal thing. Even though I made it clear that I didn’t like garlic the veggies and steak had garlic butter on them. Unfortunately the waiter didn’t pick up on that but still called my order and everything else awesome, please stop using that word for anything other than nature!!!
All that said I would go back and would like to give them three and a half stars. But on here it’ll have to be four.

Date of visit: June 2019
Mr Mikes Steakh... C, Guest Relations Manager at MR MIKES SteakhouseCasual Quesnel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2019

Thanks for trying us out and taking the time to provide your feedback. I'm sorry we missed the mark for you on the garlic, we normally pride ourselves on these details and I will follow up with our team directly. Safe travels!

Reviewed June 10, 2019 via mobile

We enjoyed our dinner- friendly and efficient staff- especially liked that they showed us how they cook meat by photos..so we knew exactly what to expect for medium rare and medium- they nailed it! Pleasant atmosphere and so easy to find!

Date of visit: June 2019

Just delighted to hear it, Carol, thanks for checking us out and taking the time to share your experience! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 30, 2019 via mobile

We reserved a table online only to find that it was a high table and stools. The staff quickly found a better spot for us. Menus contained enough variety without overwhelming the reader. A gluten free menu offered a limited but broad enough choice except for dessert. Enjoyed the friendly ambiance and the food.

Reviewed May 22, 2019

Very nice & helpful server, but I ordered a burger and got some poor tasting processed meat on a bun.....I would rather have eaten at a McDonalds. Mr Mike’s you need to “up your game”

Date of visit: May 2019
Mr Mikes Steakh... C, Guest Relations Manager at MR MIKES SteakhouseCasual Quesnel, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2019

Thanks for checking us out, Peter, I'm sorry we didn't impress you this visit. If you would like to share your contact info with us at quesnel@mrmikes.ca, we'd be happy to follow up with you further.

Reviewed May 13, 2019

Had an early dinner and was not disappointed with the Cascadia salad with cajun chicken. Along with the bruschetta app I was very pleased. Service was also very good. Recommended

Date of visit: May 2019
Mr Mikes Steakh... C, Guest Relations Manager at MR MIKES SteakhouseCasual Quesnel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2019

Fantastic to hear! Thanks for joining us and taking the time to share your experience. We hope to see you again soon!