“So much too choose”
Review of Quesnel Bakery

Quesnel Bakery
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Quesnel
Reviewed March 10, 2019 via mobile

Lots of selection and all so very good. You can grab a coffee and stay or get it too go. Lots of deals on day old items as well. Very good food and service.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed January 15, 2019

Always have great soups and a great selection of teas for a quick bite. Friendly staff and adequate seating. If you are out shopping and happen to drop into the bakery and you need a boost, try it out.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed November 6, 2018

stopped in for a quick lunch, everything was very fresh and staff was friendly, patient and helpful!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

Delicious baking everyday baked in site! A not-to-be-missed part of any visit to the quaint part of Quesnel. Their baking can as well be purchased at some small retail outlets around town.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 25, 2018

OK - some backstory is needed here. I grew up in Winnipeg (River Heights, to be precise) near two bakeries, a Dutch one and a Belgian one. Both produced these wonderful cinnamon buns, which I adored. As an adult, every time I visited my parents they'd buy me a dozen, and the very first thing I'd do on arrival was partake in hot tea and freshly-bought buns (really fresh!). Eventually, both bakeries closed down and I stopped visiting Winnipeg. But I search out this particular kind of bun every place I go (Irene's Bakery in Victoria, Moore's in Vancouver are the closest I've come across). This gets me back to the QB, which is the first place I've come across that makes the exact same kind. And they more than lived up to expectation. And - of course - they do offer a host of other treats (my wife, who does not share my passion, purchased a range of goodies to accompany me). One of the highlights of my recent visit to the city (see my Barkerville review if you're interested) and we went back a second time in our brief stay to load up for the trip back south. Next time we're in Quesnel, we'll be back.

Date of visit: July 2018