See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 7, 2015

We booked this motel a number of months before our visit, having read prevoius reviews here on Trip Advisor. Unfortunately our stay did not live up to our expectations and we now understand that the motel changed hands after we made our reservation. A lot needs doing to the motel to bring it up to an acceptable standard, including considerably more cleaning.

Room tip: All rooms face a busy main road, quite noisy all day and night
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gill S
Reviewed August 3, 2015 via mobile

I stayed here for one month on business and on arrival it looked okay on the outside. Inside was a different story. It was dusty, dirty, tiles were literally falling of the shower wall, the breaker blew every time I used the microwave, there were drug addicts living upstairs partying every night for a whole week, stains on the bed and couch, the door knob outside looked like it was about to fall off; I had to force myself to sleep on the bed and I covered the couch with a blanket before I slept on it...I can't believe I made it through the whole month. The only good things were the price and the managers who were always available if I needed anything. Whoever owns this place needs to put a lot of work into it so it can be habitable.

Date of stay: February 2015
Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank sharx15
Reviewed July 5, 2015 via mobile

I sure hope TripAdvisor posts this. I have seen all these reviews and heard people wanting to find the previous managers and I just wanted to say that I have found them! They are still acting the same with the same great service. They are running a motel in Sangudo which is only 1 hour NW of Edmonton on highway 43 (Alaska Highway). Turns out there is only 1 motel in that town so very easy to find. Hope this helps the people who enjoyed their service because without them being at The Willow I won't be back and by the looks of it neither will a lot of people.

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank bcgirl1980
Reviewed June 27, 2015

We stayed at The Willow twice. Once in the late Winter and again this late Spring. Our first stay was amazing. From the outside, it looks shady (bright yellow painted building, railings wobbly) but the parking lot had the most cars parked so we decided it must be a good place and boy were we surprised. The young couple who ran the motel were very pleasant and friendly. The room showed it's age but it was clean. We were warned of the noise with it being right on the highway, it was expected, yet once we closed our door we could hear minimal traffic. We decided to try them out again as we passed through.

Bad decision......

New managers were working, they informed us the previous managers, the reason we came back, moved to Alberta. We weren't going to run away and figured how bad could it be now. Less cars in the parking lot and people hanging around outside. Boy oh boy we should not have stayed. The room was a disaster, bugs, cobwebs, dirty toilet, dusty side tables, didn't even look as though it had been vacuumed, the list goes on. We didn't even sleep in the bed! We left in the middle of the night because we couldn't handle it anymore. I am going to continue to search for the previous managers as they are the reason we came back the 2nd time. It's a shame this place has turned into what it is. Does the owner not care? Obviously they must not or this place would not be in the condition it is now
DO NOT stay here, rather go to a different motel and stay clean.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Marie T
Reviewed June 13, 2015

DO NOT BOOK HERE!!! Across the street is a better.. way way better cleaner and affordable hotel. booked 2 weeks online because I was under the impression this was the only place left during this pat two weeks. I didnt even last 24hours. The room smelled so bad I attempted to sleep with the door open..every 23 minutes the pipes rattled so loud it was IMPOSSIBLE to get any sleep. The room was BEYOND disgusting. burn holes on my pillow and bedding. Stains on the floor, bedding and linens. The kitchenette was a death trap black mold, leftover food stuck to glasses and utensils. two pots were left for my use to use. However being that at one time they were aluminum that had been scratched away and burned food was left behind. Just nasty . The coffee machine was filthy .
I didnt even want to take off my work boots for fear of stepping on something...
Checked in at 8ish by 2 am I was packed and on the road again looking for something anything to rest my tired head...dumpster diving was looking good at this point.
After driving around at 2 am I found another place to stay...a 5 star compared to this place. I went to the main desk where this unfortunate employee was stationed. I asked for a refund and got the run around. now technically my official HOTELS.COM booking didnt start until that day. I called them and was beyond reluctant to pay the cancellation fee, but as someone else mentioned they had a very good refund policy that clearly favored them financially but not reputation wise.
I paid the fee over the phone went into the office to have the rest of my 2 week deposit returned... that's when the real fun began. The poor guy up front was the go between. The owners tried to make deals with me, offered an email transfer and the list went on. Promised to give my money back in minutes via email transfer after 2 days of waiting nothing..then I phoned HOTELS.COM to get help.. they phoned and spoke to the owner who claimed SHE had returned the money.. then I told H.C that no such thing had happened. She then said OOPS I will do that now a refund via Credit Card... She told me EMAIL TRANSFER . That's when H.C and I started to see the trend here.. the owners are not truthful , the hotel is a disgrace and I still DO NOT HAVE MY MONEY BACK... We are now in talks with the credit card company..

Clearly Captain Obvious has NEVER been here or this would be pulled off their site.. H.C is now going to check this listing and send out an inspector. the better hotel to stay at across the street. Sylvan MotelDirections
Motel
Address: 955 Front St, Quesnel,
Phone:(250) 992-5611
a nice friendly CLEAN place to stay.. the older couple who run in this place take pride in their little business... yes its a motel but its a clean friendly motel ... I would recommend this place to anyone.

Date of stay: June 2015