“An Unexpected Treat!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Quesnel, Canada
“An Unexpected Treat!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

First, a disclaimer: I have only had takeout/delivery from the Golden Bamboo, and have never eaten there in person. I have lived in Quesnel for ~1 year now, and have been thoroughly underwhelmed with the local restaurants. Everything is expensive (as is the Golden Bamboo) and most serve relatively bland food. The Golden Bamboo, however, blew me away with its authenticity. Everything that I have come to expect from a good Chinese restaurant is there: all the flavours, the diverse menu, etc. The Wonton soup (which I use as a metric for the quality of Chinese food restaurants) is OUTSTANDING. Short of some of the establishments I have visited in Vancouver's Chinatown, this is, by far, my favourite Chinese food restaurant.

• Visited July 2012