All reviews executive suite table games james bond suite parisian room captains suite antique furniture quiet atmosphere central location decent restaurant asian suite slot machines separate bedroom the king size bed restaurant downstairs modern bathroom enjoyed our stay comfortable beds
Selected filters
Reviewed January 23, 2019

A tad pricey BUT wow! Was so impressed! Many nice theme rooms and I got to go take a look at some others to peak my interest for next time. A nice restaurant and a nice little pub too and a quaint little casino all inclusive. Friendly service and my room was amazing. Will be back and a top 5 in all of BC Was pleased start to finish. .

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2012CAM, Guest Relations Manager at Billy Barker Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2019

Nolpreen,
Thank you so much for the glowing review!
To be considered as one of your top 5 in all of the province is a huge compliment.
I am happy that you were not disappointed with what you paid for and we will look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed December 20, 2018 via mobile

I have been to Quesnel before and I know that good hotels are rare here. So I when I had to stay two nights here I was resigned to staying in a dump. However I heard that this hotel was recently renovated. I booked the Executive Suite and it did not disappoint. For one thing it had a separate bedroom from the living room and the suite also had a pull out couch which was great so I didn't have to share a room with my kid. Pros: it had the coveted one bedroom, free parking and wifi, convenient location for my needs, on site casino and restaurant, and it was fairly clean. Cons: it was a tad overpriced considering its Quesnel. Lol!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
2012CAM, Guest Relations Manager at Billy Barker Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2018

Hi Audrey,
Thank you for staying with us. I am sorry that you felt you booking into a "dump" but I am so happy that you were surprised to find we have been renovated. As for the cost of the room; you are paying for the quality of the accommodations rather than the city the hotel is located in.
The owners have definitely improved the hotel thus bringing modern luxury to the Cariboo.

Reviewed November 21, 2018

The honeymoon suite had a canopy bed. The shower is meant for two very lovely. The food there is real good from breakfasts to supper and very reasonable and love the food. It is nice to come in to your room go down for a drink,play casino and then have a lovely dinneer without leaving the hotel

Date of stay: January 2018
2012CAM, Guest Relations Manager at Billy Barker Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2018

Thank you for providing a review of your stay. It is nice to see that you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel as well as the casino. We have six luxury suites so I hope you will return for another stay with us.

Reviewed November 2, 2018 via mobile

Was awesome for the price! Very clean room plus it smelled fresh. The only thing was the hard huge pillows. We got a king bed and there were only 2 very large hard pillows. I guess i should learn and bring my own pillow. Usually there’s more than 2 pillows on a king bed. But it was quiet and we took advantage of the free $5 each in the casino. Restaurant was quick and clean. Will definitely return maybe for a jacuzzi suite!!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank CandyB76

Thank you for the feed back on the pillows. We are looking at getting in a selection of pillows but that is something that is so subjective to each individual. We have a total of six luxury suites which can be viewed on our web site. I do hope you get a chance to visit us again.

Reviewed October 22, 2018

We loved the ambiance and rooms are quite clean and cozy, very comfortable place to stay with... Staff are friendly and very accommodating specially at the restaurant foods are the best... Looking forward for a longer stay by the time we visit Quesnel again...

Room tip: Accessible to downtown
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Katherine O
2012CAM, Guest Relations Manager at Billy Barker Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2018

Katherine,
Thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay. I am glad you will visit us again.