“Three Thumbs up for Pen-Y-Bryn Farm B&B!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Quesnel
Pen-Y-Bryn Farm B&B
Ranked #2 of 3 Quesnel B&B and Inns
Vancouver
“Three Thumbs up for Pen-Y-Bryn Farm B&B!”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

My husband, myself and our 8-year-old visited Quesnel last week. Just want to say that we met the most wonderful human beings AND animals at Pen-Y-Bryn Farm B&B... along with the most amazing bacon and cinnamon rolls...! Our apartment was cozy, clean and tastefully decorated. The full breakfasts were superb, but more importantly, we felt welcome and well taken care of by Terry, Paul and their girls. Not just "warm hospitality" - by the end of our 3-day stay, we felt like we were saying goodbye to friends/family (as described by the last reviewer)! We booked a horse-back riding lesson for our daughter with Terry who is an excellent instructor. Our daughter was a first-time rider, but under the encouraging guidance of Terry and her daughter, she was able to enjoy the lesson with complete ease and confidence. Our daughter also got to participate in making pancakes and feeding the animals etc. She had so much fun that she really didn't want to leave. We look forward to returning to Pen-Y-Bryn Farm B&B and will recommend this lovely place for anyone visiting Quesnel, BC!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Timarie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Mission, Canada
Reviewed January 31, 2012

My wife and I attended a wedding in Quesnel last August and found this lovely B&B a short drive from the town. Our experience was amazing - with superb accommodation, delicious food and even horse riding lessons with Terry and the girls ! The proprietors, Paul and Terry treat you like family and their own story about how they came to acquire and hold on to this beautiful B&B is truly inspirational. We look forward to a return.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Cliff M
Campbell River, Canada
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Beautiful B&B and farm in a very scenic area. Peaceful, quiet and only 2 minutes off the highway. The rooms are nicely decorated and very comfortable. We stayed in the studio apartment for several nights on a family moose hunt and the Nichols family went out of their way to help with anything we needed. Terry's riding lessons were a hit with our daughter! This B&B is a destination in itself, and definitely beats staying at a Quesnel hotel (15 minutes north) for anyone travelling through this part of BC.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Tyeegirl
Sechelt, Canada
Reviewed December 6, 2011

I was looking for accomodations while doing a job up in the area, not only did this operation provide me a very comfy bed to sleep in, they fed my crew and I great 5 star breakfasts at 6am, packed me and my whole crew lunches with coffee for the day, and after my hard days work I came home every day to smiling faces and a great hearty 5 star meal for dinner. They accommodated the fleet of trucks we had to take up there and even picked up supplies we needed to complete the job. This family exceeded my expectations, I am truly grateful for everything they have done for me and I wish them all the best. When I come up again with my family this is definately where we will be staying!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank idseabrook
Meziadin
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I stumbled across this little gem on my way to Smithers and was very pleasantly surprised. The accommodation was first class and I had an amazing nights sleep amongst it's recently renovated rustic charm. The Nichols family who own the place were very friendly and eager to accommodate me and make my stay as comfortable as possible. This B&B is Located in the heart of a working farm and is teaming with activity. If your an animal lover this place is definitely for you, there seems to be another happy well adjusted free range critter around every corner just searching for someone to give em a pet or a scratch behind the ear. This place is like no other you will find and a must stay on your Cariboo adventure.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Celticmalt
Quincy, Washington
Reviewed November 14, 2011

This is the place to stay when traveling through Quesnel!! We found Pen-Y-Bryn to be such a welcoming oasis during our travel from Alaska to Washington. The suite was lovely, comfortable, and so peaceful. Paul & Terry went out of their way to be welcoming, and Terry's homemade breakfast and jams are out of this world! Our 4 year old daughter especially loved getting to help Terry feed the animals and tour the farm. Terry even took extra time to mail us her beloved stuffed animal, left behind, after our departure. Our only complaint is that we could not stay longer. Just a fyi, they do not accept credit cards at this time.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed August 7, 2011

You don’t have to be a horse ridin’, cow ropin’ country person (though you could be) to enjoy the warm hospitality, blissful peace, fresh air and friendly creatures that Paul, Terry and daughters offer guests at Pen-Y-Bryn. Their farm is located just far enough off the highway to negate the noise but close enough to make getting there quick and easy.
Our two night stay in the ‘Guest House’ (aka ‘the suite’) was a memorable experience.
At the end of a tidy, clean stable (see inside photo) the Guest House offers privacy, comfort and style. The spacious, bright livingroom boosts a hide-a-bed, table, two chairs, small fridge and coffee making facilities. The separate bedroom has a stylish decor and wonderfully comfortable bed while the 3 piece private bathroom (with ample hot water) completes ‘the suite’. There is a radio and wifi access but no tv ... it was not missed. We didn’t even go into town for our evening entertainment but instead strolled around the farm oohing, aahing and snapping photos until sunset. “Help yourself to the firewood,” our hosts invited indicating the firepit. We could have, and perhaps should have, but the stars were enough and the fresh, quiet night air was inviting us to sleep after our long drive.
Breakfast in the big house was tasty, plentiful and served with good conversation between hosts and guests.
Pen-Y-Bryn is a growing concern and is still in the development stage. Improvements are underway and many not yet finished as farm work and development is dictated by the seasons and as guests return (and we are sure they will) additional offerings will be evident. Being a working farm there is always something happening.
Would we recommend Pen-Y-Bryn? Absolutely. You are sure to get a warm welcome and come away wanting to recommend it to others.

Room Tip: They are adding more accommodations so check the website or give them a call to confirm options.