“Hotel fine, shame about the staff”

Ramada Limited Quesnel
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Quesnel
Reviewed June 3, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights in May 2011 and chose it just because of the swimming pool and free breakfast.

The hotel was actually fine, although the pool was small compared to all the others we have stayed in. Our room was spacious and clean, with all the basic amenities.

However, we were not made to feel welcome from the time we checked in to the time we checked out. Some of the staff (not all) are surly, to the point of total rudeness. Some basic manners would be appreciated!

The breakfast was fine, although more basic than all the others we have stayed in. Beware also of arriving late to breakfast. Although it is served until 10.00, the one morning we didn't arrive until about 9.30 and things had run out, including the coffee and orange juice. By about 9.45, things were being packed away around us, even though we hadn't finished.

Next time we stay in Quesnel, we will be trying elsewhere!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Andy M
ramadalimitedquesnel, Webmaster at Ramada Limited Quesnel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Ramada during your recent visit to our area.

We thank you for your review and appreciating all the good points about the hotel.

At the same time we apologize for the guest hospitality lapse if it has happened and ensure that it will be never like that again.

We have given additional training to the hotel staff and reception managers to ensure that their requests are promptly taken care of and they always feel welcome and wanted. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will appreciate it.

I hope during your next visit to Quesnel you shall choose our hotel once again and experience a new hospitality.

Reviewed April 6, 2011

First of all, I am surprised at all the negative feed back, I have stayed at the ramada in quesnel on several ocassions, especially at the rooms and customer service. I have stayed pervioulsy at the Sandmann Inn and prefer the room in the pool buildings at the ramada as they are much bigger and nicer while being much better dollar vaule.

I have never had any issues regarding customer service I have on all occassions treated prompty and politely perhaps i'm low maintainace or vice versa. All in all I enjoy staying at ramada quesnel as ocassionly I tend to bring my dog with me and they do have some pet friendly rooms however its not in the pool building which I understand.
I would come here again and recommend this place to others.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank northerlights
Reviewed October 29, 2010

The room smelled old and moldy, bathroom not very clean, not much in kitchenette for cutlery or pots and pans. Dishes were dirty, chopping board-disgusting! Bed was very hard.
We went for breakfast and found that 1 out of 10 of the cutlery was clean so I left the dirty ones out on the counter and the hostess(or lack of) picked them up and put them back! I had my fingers all over them! At breakfast I overheard the Hostess telling another staff member who had mentioned that food was getting low that there was alot more in the freezer.(tags on bread dated over a month old)! GROSS! The hostess from the counter loudly says to my wife, "ma’am, ma’am, put dishes in tray"! We weren't done yet and apparently we can't read the sign. We went back to lobby around 10 am to fill up our 12oz travel mugs with coffee and while my wife was in the middle of filling her mug the hostess says "ma’am ma’am ma’am" and proceeded to physically push my wife out of the way and put a large Styrofoam cup under the coffee spigot and filled her cup! Then as she walked away she says to her co-worker that "they come in here and fill up their big coffee cups and leave no coffee for us!" Speechless, yes I was! We were going to stay a whole week, needless to say we booked out! I don't know why they would have a Hostess with no people skills working the front desk, let alone hardly being able to speak English! (we later found out the Hostess was owners wife! Hm-mm! You can tell that the hotel has not had any renos for awhile. Very disappointed with Ramada!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Ramada for your recent stay in our area.

We also thank you for giving us a review and it is very much appreciated. This will contribute a long way to improve our guest services.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• The hotel staff has received additional training in making effective communication with our guests and to ensure that they feel welcome and wanted.

• Housekeeping staff received additional training in properly check and confirm the cleanliness of the rooms and amenities before having it released for new occupants. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you shall really appreciate.

• The catering staffs have been instructed to confirm the quality and quantity of the stuff and there is ample stock always.

We invite you to once again choose our hotel and experience a new hospitality.

Reviewed August 10, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Ramada Limited Quesnal on our way to barkerville. We stayed in a double queen bedroom. It was very clean. The beds was very comfortable. In the morning we enjoyed a good breakfest that offered eggs, toast, bagels, muffins etc. Overall I found the customer service was great and we enjoyed our stay! Will come back in the future!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2010

We stayed at the Ramada for one night on our way to Barkerville. We chose this hotel because it offered both a continental breakfast and a pool. We were a little bit worried at first, because some of the reviews on TripAdvisor are really bad, and I started expecting moldy muffins and garbaged covered rooms....but we were happily surprised when we got there! The room itself was pretty basic....but it was spacious and clean, the beds were comfy, and that is what is most important. The pool was small, but it was a great thing to have there after such a long trip on such a warm day! The breakfast was great....toast, muffins, waffles, and hard boliled eggs and DIY waffles. The kids got a great kick out of the juice machine. It is in a great location and we liked walking to the park that night, lots of friendly locals.

If you are there for just one night, or even more, you gotta see the Quesnel Musuem at the Visitor centre, it looks small from the outside, but the things they kept in there phenomenal! They had a scavenger hunt for the kids, and because of this, my youngest (who is only seven), had a great time (and it is rare for a kid to love a musuem), and actually learned a lot.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2010

As some of the others have mentioned, the trouble started in the office. I understand that speaking 2 languages is admirable, and trust me I do admire that, but if you're running a business and 90% of your clientele is going to converse you using English, you should make an attempt to maybe learn it a bit better.

Though my troubles weren't so much regarding that - while I did receive an alright price (90$ for a 2-double-beds room on the main level), I was rather aghast at the fact that after my polite request for a 2 bedroom room, I was simply slid a "Guest Information Form" - after completing it, my VISA was taken and I was given a receipt and told my room number. ...So exactly where in this did I accept the rates? I wasn't ever told, just completely processed.

So, I want to do this in a "good news bad news" sort of way:

GOOD NEWS:

- Free internet. Acceptable. (Though un-passworded which means folks around are leaching it which I'm guessing may slow it down if they are fans of bittorrent.)
- Small fridge, clean inside, stained on top.
- Microwave
-Answering machine (actually this is just a really weird thing to have in an express Inn)
- Nice smelling toiletries provided

BAD NEWS

- The bathroom smells of mold. I don't see any mold, but I sure smell it.
- Weak, thin comforters on rather stiff beds.
- The paper and envelopes they provide within the desk are a nice idea - but not when the both are crumbled/stuffed/folded/waterstained for some reason.
- The desk lamp does not work at all
- The room was FREEZING when we came in - it took over 2 hours to get to an acceptable level which was only just comfortable
- Glasses/mugs were dirty
- The metal plug (which should be attached to the sink drain) was left on the toiletries tray instead of fixed
- Could hear every step from upstairs, it shook the mirrors

There has to be somewhere better than this in Quesnel. Hope you can find it, because we sure as hell didn't.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Ramada for your recent stay in our area.

We also thank you for giving us a review and it is very much appreciated.

Thank you once again for highlighting the positive sides and also take the negatives seriously as it will contribute a long way to improve our guest services.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• Hotel upkeep staffs have ensured that all amenities are perfect and functional.

• Housekeeping staff received additional training in properly check and confirm the cleanliness of the rooms and amenities before inviting the new occupants.

We hope that you shall once again choose our hotel and experience a new hospitality.

Reviewed February 17, 2010

I stayed two nights at the Ramade in Quesnel, . The room was very spacious and clean and Best brakefast in town We were very impresddsed with the great customer service and they went above and beyond is trying to accomodate our unusual hours They made sure we were looked after.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business