“Excellent service, can't wait to come back!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Quality Inn Quesnel
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Quesnel
Victoria, Canada
“Excellent service, can't wait to come back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2011

I spent 3 nights at the Talisman last week, and the service was so good it deserves a letter saying so. Friendly, helpful happy staff, a comfortable quiet room, a tub worthy of a bubble bath, a microwave, wireless... everything.... perfect. I came in very tired on Monday evening, and the staff were so kind, and so helpful... I did not mention this but I am recovering from a fractured pelvis (bucked off a horse 3 weeks ago). The hotel was comfortable enough in every way that I was able to continue healing from that injury. They did not know I was injured, but they offered to help with my bags. I didn’t take them up on the offer, preferring to manage on my own, but the point is THEY OFFERED just because I looked tired. For three days I was met with smiles, happy faces, kind words, warm greetings, helpful information and great service. I'll definately be back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Scotland, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

We stopped here on a touring holiday, it was very clean, comfy bed and nice view from our room. Should we ever return to the area, we would have no hesitation in returning to this hotel. It was so good, we wished they had more of them around BC.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2011

Spent two nights and it had all the basic amenities. Rooms clean. Beds good. Buffet breakfast basic but what you would expect at this level. Price was reasonable.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank John G
Anacortes WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2010

We travel to Alaska every summer and stay at the Talisman Inn on the way there and on the way back. The rooms are very large and the beds are great. There has always been a rocker/recliner in our rooms.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank SandyAnacortesWA
Campbell River, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2010

I stayed one night as part of the road trip I was on. I had been through Quesnel a week before and was disappointed in the stay I had at the Travelodge down the road and decided to try the Talisman instead.

I stayed in a 2 queen bed room, the rooms are very roomy with an older TV in the corner. At first glace, the rooms are in need of some major updating. Having said that, they are in very good condition, just retro in styling. The style is so old, they still have bottle openers mounted to the olive green vanity in the bathroom!
The room was very clean, the internet was very fast, they provided a pad of paper, pen, bath soap, sink soap, shoe shine, the biggest towels I have seen in a long time, reasonably quiet room (you are next to the highway but noise was reasonably subdued), decent continental breakfast (bagels, toast, HB eggs, orange/grapefruit/cranberry juice, oatmeal, muffins), friendly staff, nice hot tub with clean water (no foam produced by jets), fitness center with a bike, elliptical, 2 treadmills and some floor space.

I traveled with people who stayed in a room with a king, and it had a large wooden desk, fax machine, office chair and lots of space.

The room also had some cutlery, plates, a microwave, fridge, dish soap, etc. A nice bonus if you had some of your own food and wanted to eat in.

My only complaint in the rooms are a bit dark and the A/C is the older push button noisy type. Heat is from a baseboard heater supplied by hot water with a control valve. It may be a bit difficult getting the heat where you want it.

Overall - a great deal! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank SkydiverBC
Langley City, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2010

My recent stay at the Talisman Inn was a complete gong show. When I checked in, the desk clerk advised me that my room was near the rear of the building. When I got there, I discovered that two buildings existed there. Once I found my room, I realized there was no instruction sheet informing me where the spa amenities were nor where the breakfast area was. Later that evening, the inside door knob of my suite came off in my hand. I put it back on and things seemed OK. The next morning the shower knob broke off and the door knob came off again. Front desk offered to move our luggage to another room while we were out for the day. Upon returning, we traded in the old room keys for the new room keys, only to discover these keys did not work! This necessitated moving to yet another room. The management has not responded to my email outlining the problems encountered.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank father_ernie
Quadra Island, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2010

We stayed three nights at this hotel. It is on Highway 97 within the town limits. There is plenty of traffic going by in the daytime but quiet at night. Our room was well off the highway and noise wasn't a problem. The room was clean and well appointed with fridge, microwave, coffee pot and cutlery/dishes. The two storey building is simple concrete block design but works well. There is a city park next door with nice mature Douglas Fir trees and a couple of picnic tables. The included breakfast is Holiday Inn Express style with coffee or tea, four kinds of juice, cereal, muffins, bagels, hard boiled eggs and toast. Pleasant staff with a comfortable and clean room. I would stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple