“bowron lake resort”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Quesnel
Bowron Lake Lodge and Resorts
Reviewed August 20, 2009

this resort is a big dissappointment very run down , the management is un friendly,
we did not stay at it , the looks were enough, we stay at bear river , sandy and dick are down home good folks clean cabin excellent service and wonderful people to be around.
bear river to us is a 5 star plus

2  Thank chewyswife

Reviewed August 10, 2009

Recently we just made a trip out to Bowron Lake Lodge with a group of seven; however only after we had been informed that the managers Skye and her husband were no longer allowed back on the property (thank goodness). We have been camping out at the lodge for several years now and enjoy the hospitality of the Mckitricks; however we had made a trip out to fish prior to our recent one and encounter new managment whp immediatly made us feel unwelcome. The woman (Skye) had approached our vehicle where I was reading with out two dogs in the back of the car with my boyfriend and his brother fishing in the mouth of the river. I seen her and her husband pull up so I began unrolling my window, which was clear I was doing, but she still thought it necassary to pound on my window and say we needed to leave because we didnt pay our picnic fee. Paying wasnt an issue until she started heading down to where the boys were fishing and began to yell and swear at them telling them to get the f^#k out of the water. She continued to yell and swear as the boys continued to put away there fishing gear in the trunk. At one point she grabbed my boyfriends $3500 fly rod and tried to shove it into the trunk and telling him to hurry up and get off of her property. The boys stated that they were leaving and to not touch there stuff; I unriolled the window to tell her that if she just let them pack up we would be gone; she responded by walking up to the car to yell in my face by calling me a name. We gladly left only to be relieved of her; however were upset that our favourite summer camping location was no longer enjoyable. We were very pleased to hear that the Mckitricks were back with awesome managment and had fired the woman who made the lodge a place to dread. On our recent trip, not having prppane in our cabin wasnt an issue, thats why its camping, so just pack your own camp stove. As for the service it was AWESOME. We travelled out with friends who had never been to Bowron and before our stay was over they were already planning their next trip before the end of the summer. For all of you that were treated badly by the former managment please dont let it stop you from heading back out. The Mckitricks and Carrie Chard are working hard to undo the damage that was done by these terrible people, so please head back out and enjoy the great hospitality of the Bowron Lake Lodge!!!
**If you have heard the rumour that the lodge is closed, thats all it is is a rumour, so please head back out to enjoy the hospitality and fun that the Mckitrick family offer:)

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
4  Thank dubucm
Reviewed July 31, 2009

On my recent trip to the Bowron lakes, I was made aware of the neglect of the McKitrick family of not only their lodge but also of the environment. When we arrived the propane on the entire site was shut down by the BC Safety Authority based on major violations in the gas grid and venting of Propane gases into the cabins, a potential death hazard. Also it was discussed around the camp about how sewer lines under all the lakefront cabins were disconnected by Jim McKitrick, allowing sewage to drain into Bowron lake, and to add, an illegal dump on their land and diesel oil and fuel is seeping into Antler creek ( a Salmon breeding ground). The managers, Andrew & Skye have been working hard to provide great customer service in the midst of an environmental hazard. I appreciate that they have quelled the rampant, reckless use of quads within the park, and had diligently picked up the garbage and the park was immaculately kept. I am sure these other contributors may be of those people that had no regard for the camper that appreciates the view, quiet and pleasures of the outdoors. ( keep your quads to the bush)
Shame on the McKitrick family for destroying the reputation of what is one of the most prestigious and beautiful areas in the world.

2  Thank victoryvision
Reviewed July 27, 2009

I traveled the circuit with 13 people, 9 scouts, and 4 adults. Another adult did most of the online/phone arrangements with the managers, Andrew and Skye.
when we arrived, yes the place looked a bit desolate, but the effort to improve the facilities was evident. Past years have not treated the place well, nor had the vacationers.
we needed a reasonable place to stay with the basic camping amenities, and that is easily what we received. This facility is a campground setting.(If you are looking for the Four Seasons, stay in Vancouver.)
If you want friendly managers, clean and quiet surroundings, then Bowron Lake Lodge is the place.
I am a bit baffled by the litany of poor comments re the staff. We were greeted/treated very politely, and were extended all common courtesy you would expect from them.
I understand the staff this year inherited some rather tough situations on their arrival to open the camp, and that some past users were a difficult group to control in certain situations. Using a "heavy hand" to start the season might have been warranted, but during our stay the management had definitely softened up towards the clientel.
I say, the place is a great campsite, very nice management, and worth the price of admission and more.

• Stayed: July 2009
4  Thank richSeattle
Reviewed July 21, 2009

I am very displeased in the way I was treated by the new managers during my recent stay at the Bowron Lake Lodge and Campground. From the time we arrived we were made to feel like delinquents as the rules were, in no uncertain terms, drilled into us. I realize the managers are new to the area and the campground and that they have new rules, however, there is a right way and wrong way to explain them. Rather than accuse us of some wrong doing because we have ATV's or may produce garbage during our stay (garbage cans and recycling bins are not provided in the campground), they might have explained the new rules in a friendly, less rude manner. Perhaps use the word "unfortunately" and "I understand you're used to..." to make your customers feel that they are still welcome even though the rules have changed. I have heard several complaints of the same nature in the past 3 weeks and remember, when people are unhappy they tell an average of 10 other people. I will certainly tell my share. This is very unfortunate since the beach camping is a wonderful place to spend the weekend but not worth the stress we had to endure.

Reviewed July 18, 2009

Having had really bad experiences with Becker's Lodge before (surly service, broken contracts), decided to give their neighbors a try. Andrew and Skye responded promptly to reservation inquiries via email, offered good priced (better than Becker's) for camping and rental equipment, and were very flexible. Skye is nursing a broken wrist which may make her prickly (and itchy), but I found her to be quite reasonable. Andrew is wonderful and helpful. This is not a "high end" resort, the current managers are trying to recover from last year's fire and years of no maintenance, but the location can't be beat. As for the "no ATVs" rule, I don't have any problem with that-- go run them on the logging roads, not in the camp.

• Stayed: July 2009
2  Thank JohnHMapleValley_WA
Reviewed July 16, 2009

I have been taking my family to BowronLake Lodge for the last 8 years for a week of camping and canoeing. I was sorry to see that the lodge had burnt down last fall. We went to register @ the new lodge to find the door locked, we had to wait for 20 minutes to be greeted by 2 of the most unfriendly and rude people I have ever met. When we asked were Jim was the woman started to bad month him and tell us that they are the new managers with new rules. Very unprofessional and not a way to run a bussiness. Anyways our weeklong trip was cut short by the way we were treated over the first couple of days.
To the new managers of BLL - this is not the way to run a resort and you should take some lessons from the previse owner - He was the reason we kept coming back.

Stayed: June 2009