All reviews shark club denny's restaurant attached restaurants in town gold leaf indoor pool convenient location desk staff fitness area hotel lobby most important thing lots of parking night stay place to stay bed was very comfortable rocky mountaineer trip enjoyed our stay
Selected filters
Reviewed April 3, 2019 via mobile

Checkin was fast and easy. Price is excellent. Bed was very comfortable. Room had many cracks on the walls, floors and ceiling. The imperfections did not take anything away from my comfort. Having 2 restaurants is a bonus.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank LucasM628
Joshua K, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Quesnel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2019

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am glad we could provide service that met your expectations. We are always striving to attend to all maintenance of our building in the most timely manner and appreciate you bringing these to our attention. We thank you for your stay and hope to see you again!

Reviewed March 10, 2019 via mobile

A nice 2 night stay. Very comfortable rooms and personable staff. Good fitness area. Coffee in the lobby. Lots of parking and 2 attached restaurants. A few fast food places nearby as well. Across from Walmart for anything last minute. Good place too stay.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Joshua K, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Quesnel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2019

Thank you very much for your feedback. We strive to provide the best guest experience possible and are pleased to hear you had a great stay. Please don't hesitate to reach out directly so we can ensure your next stay exceeds expectations!

Reviewed February 16, 2019

I had to stay at the Sandm as n Hotel because my house in Kersley had a fire. My stay was 7 months and the staff there made my stay really enjoyable with my cats and dog. They treated me more like family and was very helpful finding information I needed. I really liked my room and the great service. The location was really great too.

Room tip: The rooms are good but the suits are really great
Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Joshua K, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Quesnel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2019

Thank you very much for your feedback Rick. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay, despite the reason for the stay is not ideal. We strive to ensure that all guests are given the best possible experience regardless of stay length. We do hope that you will come visit us again, under different circumstances. Thanks again and glad we could help!

Reviewed January 22, 2019

Sandman just cannot cater for business traveler. I was in Sandman Smithers 2 months ago, the room was cold and there was no housekeeping to clean up my room, the manager said they are short of staff.

I am staying in a Sandman Quesnel this week, I requested for a fridge in my room but I was given a smaller room with a mini bar fridge, and was later found I was given the wrong key. I required a good internet as I need to do a lot of file transfer after a day’s work. The internet was lost around 7pm, Sandman managed to put it back after 1 hour but the connection keep on disconnecting. I double checked for internet quality before I booked, and the front desk lady seems to be helpless and has to wait until business hour tomorrow.

I have no other way but to use my cell phone as hotspot to have my work done, which will cost me a lot of money for the data.

Won’t stay with Sandman anymore.

Room tip: Very old hotel
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Summer O, Front Office Manager at Sandman Hotel Quesnel, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2019

Thank you for your feedback and review. We do apologize for your unpleasant experience and inconveniences with our wireless internet. Please contact us directly so we may rectify the situation.

Reviewed November 12, 2018 via mobile

This Sandman does need some upgrading but the desk staff were efficient and nice. Our room attendant was nice and friendly. She left us a really clean room. The bed's and pillows are comfortable. Our room had everything you could possibly need for a one night stay. The t.v.'s are small and not very clear. Overall for the price and conveniences nearby good parking I think it's a pretty darn good place to hang your hat for the night.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Joshua K, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Quesnel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2018

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again!