“Simple & Convenient.”

Sandman Hotel Quesnel
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Quesnel
Reviewed June 8, 2014

- Simple & clean room. However, we requested a quiet room & received a room beside the elevator & across from the ice-machine. I'd recommend ensuring the hotel receives your online request & check if they are able to accommodate that request before checking-in.
- Reception inexperienced in conveying detailed info to out-of-town guests. The reception assumed we had a vehicle & that we understood acronyms for local businesses.
- Best = Proximity to restaurants & shopping.
- Least = Room Location.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank S D

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Basic stop & crash the night hotel, although room did have 2 televisions with a sitting area with 2 settee's. Restaurants are a choice of Deny's or The Shark bar & grill (where the service was terrible).

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Front desk help was good but first impression was poor. The woodwork was very worn exposing bare wood lacking stain and finish...very ugly.. The room had no desk and no bar fridge...standard items in most hotels. The coffee table was part of a larger coffee table cut in half.....butchered by an amateur. One electrical outlet was dead. One light fixture was missing the switch.The room was quiet and the mattress was comfortable. The ice dispenser couldn't cough up any ice. The Sharks Club was too noisy with loud music for young people but the bar was filled with older patrons. Food was good...so was the service. Breakfast at Denny's was good, not great. The service was good. The large serving of orange juice is largest I have ever seen. Does hotel management read these reviews?????

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Dave K
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We chose this hotel because it was on the highway. We were accompanying our son, driving his car. With a U-haul truck in our small mini-caravan we wanted one room secure and visible. My son and his girlfriend chose a bottom room that allowed cats and faced the main road. Our room was the top floor facing the rear parking lot.The rooms were basically attired. Built in 2000 it is a fairly new building. The beds and pillows were comfortable and the room was very quiet (our number one priority). Wireless worked effortless. I didn't find the desk personnel overly helpful or friendly but maybe they were as tired as we were. Breakfast was a disaster. We waited an hour in Dennys and ended up ordering twice. They had apparently employed two new girls on the night shift. We understood and accepted the fact that a first-day or first-week employee might not be first-class, but our breakfast was not very good either. Overall, I would recommend the hotel but likely consider a different restaurant next time.

Room Tip: Some of the bottom floor rooms can have pets. If you have allergies choose a top floor. Also, a rear...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Stayed here one night on my way to Vancouver. Check in was very fast and friendly and room was decent. Had a room facing the highway but found after I turned on the Air Conditioning I couldn't really hear the traffic anymore. The Denny's restaurant attached to the hotel is very convienient and the service there was excellent as well. The wireless internet connected with no trouble at all and was just as fast as my wireless at home so no complaints there. I was a little unsure about how good a night of sleep I would get as I usually don't like mattresses to be extremely firm but I got a great night of sleep. I found a few minor issues with the room which kept it from getting a five out of five. I made a list of those issues and gave it to the front desk when I checked out. I have no doubt the issues will be addressed as this seems like a well run hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank CptCanuck74
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed twice in April , the check in wasn't the friendliest , but the location is perfect. Rooms clean and the Hot tub a perfect after a long day of travel.
The Denny's restaurant is usually not my favourite, But the breakfast was fantastic as well as the service ! We enjoyed the 1 night so much on our return trip we booked in advance.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Angela C, Manager at Sandman Hotel Quesnel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am sorry that your check in was not as pleasant as it could have been. Sandman Hotel Quesnel takes all complaints seriously. I believe that another time with us would be more to your liking. We are happy that you found our rooms to be clean and that both the Denny's breakfast and service were fantastic. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Quesnel.
Angela

Reviewed April 19, 2014

After a long drive to Quesnel, was pleased with the hotel. Easy to find as I drove into town. Comfortable rooms with all the expected amenities. I especially enjoyed the hot tub after sitting in a car for 7 hours.
But it is service that brings me back - and the Sandman delivered. The front desk staff was very helpful, with suggestions and directions. But finding me two AAA batteries for my flashlight - that was above and beyond. I'll be back to Quesnel in the fall, and I know I'll be staying here.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Sandman Hotel Quesnel takes pride in providing excellence in customer services exceeding guest expectations. We appreciate your feedback and are very glad you enjoyed our on-site amenities. We look forward to serving you and your family in the future.
Angela