“This is what every hotel/motel/inn should be!”

Sandman Hotel Quesnel
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Quesnel
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Sandman Hotels and Inns is a chain of hotels in Canada. Ever since the first time I stayed at one many years ago, I always try to stay at one whenever I travel through Canada. I've stayed at a Sandman in Vancouver, Smithers and many others. This one, however, is my favorite. Not only is it conveniently located in South Quesnel, it seems like it might be the"flagship"of the chain. The rooms are big and very clean and contain a fridge, flat screen tv, and a microwave. This time I had a suite so I had 2 flat screens, one in the living room and one in the bedroom. Free Internet is always included, too.
The bathroom is big and has plenty of clean, fluffy towels.
I walked over to Wal-mart and bought a bathing suit so I could enjoy the pool and the hot tub at the hotel. Got a beer at the bar, then went to the restaurant for dinner. When I settled into my suite I was down for the count! Next morning I awoke refreshed and ready to travel on.
If you're traveling through Canada you've got to stay at a Sandman!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Brian G

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Having spent 3 days in both Sandmans in Quesnel and Prince George, we found that this hotel was the best and couldn't be bettered. The staff were very friendly, and helpful despite having an extra 60 unplanned guests suddenly appear at their reception from "The Rocky Mountaineer", It was sorted out by the efficiency of their front desk staff, while not forgetting their existing Staff. How many other Managers would role up their sleeves and get stuck in. Well Done to you all
The two restraunts , The Shark and Sports Bar and "Denny's" provides exellent food. The Sharks Honey Garlic Chicken wings were the best I've tasted during the whole trip in B.C. Helped make it a fantastic Holiday

Room Tip: Any room from the cheapest to the most expensive will be a good room. Ours were clean tidy and comfo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Howard-Pat
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We arrived at this hotel in Quesnel after a long train ride. We were very tired & ready for bed.
Everything had been pre-arranged by the tour company, thus, we went straight to the room.
The room they gave us was very spacious, with two double beds. Good beds.
An average hotel room, very clean, but, when we opened the door the room smelled stale.
Big bathroom, loved the shower, plenty of electrical outlets by the night table, in case you needed a plug.
The night was quiet, middle of the week, so we had a good sleep.
It has two restaurants on premises for your convenience.
I’ll give this hotel 3.5 stars.
We couldn’t connect to WI-FI.
Quesnel is a logging town in northern BC, rather far away from the big cities, so the hotel caters mostly to passers by on the way somewhere else,
like in our case.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nonnita02
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We are senior citizens and prefer a softer bed. The Sandman beds were some of the hardest we ever slept on. The rooms were clean. Good flat screen tv. Denny's restaurant and a pub on site. I had a pizza in the pub. Tasted like a frozen pizza from grocery store

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

So our stay was great. We checked in on a Sunday and stayed for two nights. The hotel was friendly and clean. It was $89. A night which is a great rate. However when I went down to extend our stay for another 3 possibly 4 nights the lady at the desk said yes no problem same rate and I said the $89 a night and she was like uhhh no 104 a night... So we ended up not staying the extra nights, we just checked out for the $89 a night and went else where for our other nights. Other than the issue with the lady at the front desk they hotel was great and we would have been more then willing to stay the rest of the week if we could have had our $89 a night rate.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Melissa1320
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed in a standard room with two double beds. The room was modern and very clean and the beds were very good. It was a basic room. The bathroom was a good size. The only thing missing was a mini fridge.

Check in was really helpful. I had booked through central booking, but was told on arrival that we qualified for a couple of discounts and were given the lowest rate, which was much better. This hotel has a Shark's Club and Dennys. Our dinner in the Shark's Club was good. There is also a Tim Horton's and Boston Pizza very near the hotel.

The air conditioner worked well and we had a very good sleep. I will stay here again.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dianne768
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is quite mediocre, for almost all aspects. Service at check-in was friendly, but not remarkable or outstanding. Location of the hotel is ok, since it is next to the highway, but takes a drive to the centre. Rooms are proper, but quite small and noisy. For our way through it's not a bad choice, but not an excellent choice either. For the record, Quesnel is a town with nothing much to do; it's predominantly for lodging on your way through. All in all: mediocre.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank UnitFour
Zanisafari, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Quesnel, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for your comments. We offer a variety or rooms of different sizes. If the room you selected was too small for your liking, a quick call to the Front Desk would allow us to see if any of our other available room types would be more suitable for you. We have 7 different room styles to accommodate many different needs.