“Mediocre hotel, but ok”

Sandman Hotel Quesnel
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Quesnel
“Mediocre hotel, but ok”
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is quite mediocre, for almost all aspects. Service at check-in was friendly, but not remarkable or outstanding. Location of the hotel is ok, since it is next to the highway, but takes a drive to the centre. Rooms are proper, but quite small and noisy. For our way through it's not a bad choice, but not an excellent choice either. For the record, Quesnel is a town with nothing much to do; it's predominantly for lodging on your way through. All in all: mediocre.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank UnitFour
Zanisafari, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Quesnel, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for your comments. We offer a variety or rooms of different sizes. If the room you selected was too small for your liking, a quick call to the Front Desk would allow us to see if any of our other available room types would be more suitable for you. We have 7 different room styles to accommodate many different needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Sechelt, Canada
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in a suite which was a treat for my birthday. The room was very nice. A jacuzzi tub and a fabulous steam shower made it extra special. The pub was great as well. Denny's was really bad but they may have been having a bad day

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank geocam2015
Prince George, Canada
Reviewed June 18, 2013

In Quesnell for an indeterminate stay while my brother is ill. Checked into the hotel Sunday and told them I would be staying until at least Thursday. Checked out Monday morning and no one bothered to ask why.
Checked out because they charged me $135 per night for a room when the same room was available at, at least, two online sites for $108. The room was acceptable but I have stayed in hotels in Dubai, Santorini, Mykonos, Bali and others and have never had to pay $150 a night to get this quality of room. (The room is $150 after taxes).
Went back this morning to pick up the cell phone charger and shampoo that I left in the room and the lady at the desk treated me like I was making it all up. "I checked lost and found and nothing was left in the room" Well, I said that does not change the fact that I left it there. "OK I'll check the room but......" "Nope nothing was left in the room." OK I said and started to leave when a supervisor offered to take my number and call if my stuff turned up.
The staff in this hotel have no respect for their clients. If there were cheaper rooms available when I checked in they should have been offered, when I told them I left something in the room they should have accepted that as fact despite not being able to return it. A simple I'm sorry at that point would have been fine it was, after all, just a phone charger.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Quesnel hotels

Weybridge
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed here on our way through the town. It is a nice hotel, perfect for an overnight stopover. Nice rooms, a little dated but very clean. There is a good sports bar attached to the hotel which serves good burgers and food. I would not stasy here if you want to tour quesnel unless you have a car.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I agree with the June 1 post, I stayed here May 30 for 1 night, I'm female and was travelling alone, I tried to call the hotel directly, and was but through to central reservations, ( SM Quensel front desk said they do that when they are busy) Upon arrival after a very long drive ( approx 11hrs) front deck checked me in, gave me my room, which the young lady couldn't in tell which direction it was in. There's only left or right, I asked about room service etc... She said no but Denny's will deliver. When I get to my room, I see I am staying RIGHT beside the door to the Sharks club that is attached to the hotel. The door to the hotel beside my room is broken.( it's an exit only door but everyone in the sharks club uses it so they put rocks in to be to come and go.At this point I'm not feeling very safe, i went to the front desk and suggested my next time they should take into consideration, females travelling alone. There was no offer to change rooms etc..so whatever, Room also very out dated, thank god a brought my own blanket and pillow. The bedding is terrible, i swear those cheap hotel blankets and what they like to call a quilts should be illegal. FREE wifi? Reception was so bad, it didn't even work, i had to go into the lobby to use my cell. Night front desk gives me a piece of paper that she said says " just give it to your server for breakfast in the morning" when I check out ,the morning front desk says" no that's just so you can charge to your room". And if you think you're staying IN Quesnel, you're not, it's right on the highway so if you are staying on the highway side, don't expect any sleep, between the sharks club, the hotel exit door slamming against the rock, and the trucks on hwy 97 coming through town.I expressed my concern and disappointment again to the staff in the morning, she gave me a 6.85 breakfast coupon for Denny's.
I will make another trip to the North again, but will stay somewhere els

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Vancouver
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This hotel is probably 15 years old and although the lobby has been updated and modernized the rooms are really out of date and worn out. The decor in the rooms is dated (green, burgundy and polished brass) the furniture in bad shape the and condition of the carpeting and walls rough. The room we were in had a strong smell of cheap men's cologne coming out of the couch as well as the shams on the bed; not pleasant.

Can't say that there are any better hotels in Quesnel but there are better places to stay in Prince George and Williams Lake that are cheaper than this Sandman.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Terrace, Canada
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My family enjoys consistency and that is what we have found with the chain of Sandman hotels. This is a new hotel and looks amazing, the rooms are very nice and new, they allowed us to bring in our small dog as well. We were here for a hockey trip and enjoyed out stay, the Pub is great and had good food. We watched Hockey night in Canada and enjoyed our family stay, this is where we always stay when in Quesnel.

Room Tip: We are a family of 5 so we got a nice big suite, well worth the money. It gives everyone enough room...