“Expect to Eat Hearty...”

Horsethief Creek Pub & Eatery
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cheney, Wa
“Expect to Eat Hearty...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Look, I can't comment on how this place might do with a full-house, so understand that I pick and choose places to go to knowing I'm going to get their best culinary shot. This was our one and only sit-down dining out experience on vaca in Canada. It was recommended by the resort staff, and I'm a lunch guy. Total winner. Clean, warm, and still feels like it could/would have a neat edge--in a sports-bar kinda way--if the joint was jumpin'. Well done flavorful tavern classics, with the number one Canadian food experience we were looking for.....poutine. Special mention on two menu items (french onion soup & their take on the teriyaki burger), because they were the best two bites of the day for me. Not that everything else wasn't excellent, but it was the those two that got the head-shakin' whoa out of me. Trust me when I say that I will eat here, again...

• Visited November 2012

Calgary, Canada
“Meat is murder...but it's delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

I don't eat beef because cows can have best friends...so I eat my fair share of chicken sandwiches and let me tell you, this chicken sandwich was one of...no, wait, THE BEST CHICKEN SANDWICH I EVER ATE! The fries were pretty good too I hear.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank beatingmeatismurder
Ipswich
“Best burger ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

We were a bit hungover from the night before and found this pub, we walked there from our condo 1p 2p after all. Anyway these guys make the best burgers ever, thanks Smithy. Also my mate Eddy really liked the fries!

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank RingerIpswich
Cochrane, Canada
“Hamburger”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stopped in for a beverage after golfing & decided to eat!! Smart move, we ordered their hamburger with mushrooms!!! OMG!!! One of the best burgers we've ever eaten!!!

Visited June 2012
Montreal, Canada
“good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

me and my bf both had burgers. the burgers are big and very good. My Caesar salad and brownie dessert were good as well.

As the restaurant filled up service was slow. we didn't know that we should go up to the bar to pay so we waited quite a while. I am not sure if they were short staff.

Visited October 2012