“VERY GOOD ALL ROUND EXPERIENCE”

Back Country Jack's Steak
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Tried here after it came highly recommended, not disappointed, ribs were great, service was excellant and even though kid friendly was still a nice place to dine

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I stopped at Back Country Jack's late in the evening for supper. As it was late we were looking for lighter fare. The menu is very diverse, reasonably priced and the rustic interior is very warm and cozy. The service was excellent and we were able to satisfy our requirement for lighter fare. The young lady providing the service was very helpful and willing to spend plenty of time chatting with us.
September is low season for all of Radium Hot Springs so please plan not to arrive too late as this is a quiet time and the facility may close early depending on the number of clients.
Our experience was excellent, we have eaten there previously, and would not hesitate to return if we are back in Radium.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

My chilli was just average but my wife's black muscles in tomato sauce were outstanding. Bravo to the maker of the sauce, quite an achievement. Their ribs are also quite yummy. If you like pub-like atmosphere and rustic furniture, this place is for you.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

The food was so- so at best. Had to send it back as it arrived stone cold and came back again just as cold! We'd been travelling all day and were to tired to deal with it again so we just ate it.
Fun atmosphere and our server( sorry, can't remember her name) was excellent too bad the food didn't live up to the rest.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I wasn't overly happy with this restaurant. The service was pretty friendly but it probably took about 45 minutes to an hour to get our food.
My meal wasn't too bad, I had the sloppy chicken with fries. Now I have to say the fries are amazing. The sloppy chicken was just ok.
Another person in our party got the thai stirfry and it was made with spaghetti noodles and canned string beans and served in a taco shell, which was really weird. She ate it but again it was just .... eh....
One other person in our party got the meatloaf sandwich but it just looked like a normal hamburger patty.
There was somebody at a table next to us who kept throwing firecracker/noisemaker things on the patio. That was pretty annoying when we're trying to relax for a meal but not really the restaurant's fault.
The only thing that would bring me back would be the fries. They were that good.