“Terrible Food/Dirty Environment”

Back Country Jack's Steak
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I had the Stir Fry and it was definitely a packaged/frozen item. My boyfriend ordered the steak and it was over-cooked.

Dark, dingy and dirty inside and out. The waitress actually tripped over the beer cases that were in her path between the kitchen and the patio. The outdoor patio ashtray was FULL....Gross!
I not sure I want to look in the kitchen.

There was some sort of award from the city that I think was from 2002. They should take it down as it doesn't apply in 2012.

One more thing....if you are going to hang the Canadian Flag, have some pride. It was tied up at the bottom probably because the wind would blow it over the hanging electical cord.

They need Jon Taffer from Bar Rescue!

Side Note: When is BC going to make patio's non-smoking. Just because it's outside doesn't mean you can't smell and inhale unwanted smoke.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Ate there tonight with my boyfriend and we both had an Amazing meal
The service was outstanding ... Thanks to Jasmyn and the steaks were exceptional
Loved the tunes playing in the background that were in no way to loud, and the prices were great
Couldn't ask for more
Thanks to everyone at Back country jacks

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Very busy place. Service disorganized, unfocused. Large portions poorly prepared, served late and poorly. Ordered dinner salads which we got right away, then waited over 50 minutes for the entree. Waitress didn't know how to split a dinner-which we do as portions are usually too large.

1  Thank billybobgomer
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This restaurant was within walking distance of my hotel, so I took a chance. I'm glad I did! I got ribs and chicken and they were both excellent. The meat was properly cooked and very tender and the BBQ sauce was tasty and proportioned just right. The meal came with beans and garlic toast and both were good as well.

There was one server working the inside and one for outside and the gal handling my table had several others to take care of, but she always checked on me to be sure things were good and to see if I needed a refill on my drink. I went on a weeknight, so your results on a busy holiday weekend may vary.

I would recommend this place to others. The food was excellent and the prices were fair considering the location of the restaurant and the quality and quantity of food received.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We arrived on a busy Wednesday evening. Although we were seated quickly, it was about 10 minutes before we got menus. Drinks were ordered and our food order was taken when the drinks were delivered. About 45 minutes later a group that arrived 20-30 minutes after we did was served their food. The waitress was nowhere in site and had not been by to see us at all. We decided not to wait for the food, but left money for the drinks on the table and went home to our own supper. Very disappointing experience. We come to Radium often, but will not be back to Back Country Jack's.