We enjoyed our 4 day stay at the Rocky Mountain Spring Lodge. After several visits to Radium this location was unbeknownst to us. Luckily, via an advertised special we were tempted to visit this vacation spot. Our initial contact upon arrival was an introduction by the owner Steven whom we learned was of Hungarian descent. The room was modest but very clean and spacious for our family of four. All rooms have a beautiful view of the mountains from their individual balconies. The room had air conditioning which was welcome at the end of a hot day.
Our stay included breakfast, dinner and passes to the Radium Hot Springs. Our first supper at the Citadella restaurant (on-site) was excellent and we discovered that the chef was of European decent (Hungarian). All of our meals were excellent and enough can not be said about the food. Our favourite meals were the Wiener Schnitzel and the Hungarian dumplings for desert. However all of the menu items we sampled were excellent and we had no reason to venture elsewhere for our cuisine. The restaurant appeared to be popular to both patrons & non patrons of the lodge.
The drive up to Rocky Mountain Springs Lodge was scenic and we thoroughly enjoyed the wildlife at the side of the road. Where else can you go for a walk and find big horn sheep, deer and mountain goats happily grazing?
The only recommendation would be fluffier pillows.
This is truly a hidden gem and we look forward to returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rocky Mountain Springs Lodge and Citadella Restaurant is situated well above Radium Hot Springs with the BEST view in town. We have panoramic view from every and EACH private balcony, even from the lower floor. Our Hungarian Restaurant is under the motel, with a huge patio, also with a magnificent view and the most delicious meals in an idyllic atmosphere. You can see the Rocky Mountains from everywhere in town, from all the motels, but it is not comparable to our view, just like you see it from an airplane or a bird's eye. Room price includes hot breakfast served in our restaurant with a variety of items to find your favorite one. It is not a buffet, rather a freshly served breakfast made by our Hungarian Chef, just like our dinners. We have an extensive menu for the evening meals, a variety of Hungarian, western and vegetarian dishes. You can watch the sunset while dining or from your private balcony, and the sunrise from your bed if you wish. We have pet friendly and wheelchair accessible suites on the main floor. All rooms have sitting area, new queen beds, new carpets, fridge, microwave and free WIFI. We can provide coffee makers or cattle's in your room.We are located a 1000feet over town by the National Park with all sorts of wildlife frequently walking by. A trail trough the forest starts from our parking lot to the Mineral Hot Springs.We, the owners clean the rooms, so they are spotlessly clean and we serve you in the restaurant as well, very friendly hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Rocky Mountain Springs Lodge and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocky Mountain Springs Hotel
- Rocky Mountain Springs Motel