“Top notch burger!”

Fired Up Breakfast and Burgers
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Top notch burger!”
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I literally just finished eating dinner here and I enjoyed my burger so much I needed to rave about it. I usually say that the messier the burger, the better it is. This burger had me feeling like Guy Fieri from the moment it was placed in front of new. I ordered the High Water with sautéed onions and it was HUGE! Juicy and delicious and fell to pieces within seconds of picking it up. I used multiple napkins to keep from needing a shower afterwards. ;) Fantastic burger! Eat here!

Canada
“Never Open and Really Disappointing”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I am a local in Radium and I have been trying to eat here for the last couple of weeks. I went on a Thursday for breakfast at 10:30 but they weren't open. Tried to go for supper at 7pm this Friday and again they weren't open. Had family in town that really wanted to go for brunch and then actually got to go in the doors this Sunday. We should have just stayed home.

First off half of our group really wanted to have burgers. It is the whole reason we came to this restaurant. Lunch for those that wanted it and breakfast for the others. Instead we got told the fryer wasn't hot enough and they couldn't do any lunch items at all. This was at 11:45. Why on earth can't we have lunch items at nearly noon. Really? Poor management of planning or something.

Everyone spent some time picking new items except for myself. I can't have gluten which makes breakfast hard since its 90% stuff I cannot eat and I dislike breakfast as it. I wasn't spending the money on an overpriced meal I was going to hate. So I got to sit and watch my party eat and have nothing. That was fantastic. A couple of people in my party ordered the the breakfast meatloaf and then had to change their order again for a second time because they only had one serving left. And for a family restaurant they don't have anything for kids to do. Its pretty simple to have crayons but alas if you have kids take your own or something else for them to do.

This place should just give up and shut down instead of the half assed job they are doing. Their sign says "open at 9" "breakfast" "lunch" and "Dinner" but most likely they won't be there and if they are you won't be able to have 50% of the menu anyway. Condense your menu and actually be open when you say you are or shut your doors completely because instead you are just really pissing people off.

When they couldn't do our orders as we wanted the first time we should have gotten up and left instead of being so disappointed. The food itself is okay. Overpriced for what you get but tasty none the less if you actually get to order something you want off the menu. I can't recommend this flake of a restaurant.

• Visited January 2014
Lethbridge, Canada
“Not So Good”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We had a disappointing meal here. Ordered chicken wraps that had only morsels of chicken stuffed with mostly with filler of rice and lettuce. Caesar salad was just lettuce on the plate. No croutons, cheese, nothing. Literally just a pile of romaine lettuce. There was only one waitress running around like crazy, seating people, taking orders and doing cash. Clearly understaffed. Would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited January 2014
Winnipeg, Canada
“Good place for sandwiches”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stopped here for lunch because we wanted something other than the usual chains. There was some confusion about the name (formerly 'The Melting Pot'?), so we weren't sure what to expect. The menu has a good selection of sandwich items to choose from, each including salad, soup or fries. The service was prompt and professional, the food came decently quickly, the decor was comfortable and attractive. I ordered the special, a BLT on rye bread, with a salad. It came on nicely toasted swirled pumpernickel/rye, the salad was a gourmet-style lettuce salad with balsamic dressing (could have been a bit more generous with the dressing, but often salads are drowning in the dressing). The bacon in the sandwich was nice and crisp, the sandwich fillings were fresh and delicious, it hit the spot well. Two specials with a drink cost about $30.00.

• Visited September 2013
Sherwood Park, Canada
“Great food and great service”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We were there for breakfast, lunch and dinner and were not disappointed. The food quantity and quality were great and they offered gluten free options as well. I felt the value was right on the mark and staff were excellent! Our waiter was prompt and courteous. Great choice for people going through Radium.

• Visited July 2013