“Simple and Hearty”

Riko's Radium Family Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was unexpectedly stranded in Radium overnight with vehicle problems so I was on the hunt for something simple and relatively inexpensive. This place seemed to fit that bill perfectly.

The restaurant was not super busy when I arrived so I was seated quickly and was soon browsing the menu. I settled on a cheeseburger and fries. The food was quite tasty and the portion size was also good. I really enjoyed the burger but I found the fries to only be average -- they were coated in some sort of breading and I prefer my fries "naked" so that's just a personal preference, not a knock against their quality.

As you would expect for a resort town, the prices aren't really cheap but they are certainly reasonable given the area you're in. The wait staff was friendly and attentive and I would certainly have no hesitation when it comes to eating at Riko's again.

1  Thank DanOCan

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Arrived in Radium hungry (it was 6 hours since lunch) and still had another couple of hours dining ahead of us. Saw family diner on right as we entered town in a strip of shops just past gas station, easy parking at least. Efficiently seated looked at menu. A wide choice, tempted by burger but settled for linguini. My "Bali" was seafood and chicken with a mild curry sauce, unusual but very tasty. My wife enjoyed her smoked salmon and artichoke.
To my British eyes the portions were large in fact we didn't need to eat again that day. Bill with coffee for one came to $40 which was OK. Service was efficient but lacked sparkle, no attempt to engage strangers in conversation, but we arrived hungry and left well fed which is what we really needed.

1  Thank paul6111
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Although food was fine, the coffee was just plain bad. Can't say much about our mumbling server. Uncomfortably warm in the dining room.
Weekday breakfast

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We enjoyed a delicious Mango Chicken dinner here. The service was excellent and the food was fresh and delicious too. Reasonably priced and very clean.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We went for breakfast before leaving Radium, had French toast, very good, friendly waitress, clean. Bathroom was very clean. Price was high.