Likely will not return to this hotel. Although the hotel is attractive, the hotel restaurant, La Cabina, left something to be desired. For New Year, 2006, the restaurant featured a special menu. When you get down to it, all it was, was a menu written in French and Italian so as to add to its appeal. Unfortunately, here is where the appeal ended as the actual quality of the food was terribly lacking. My husband and I ordered an 8 oz. New York Steak. It came with an appetizer & dessert. The appetizer, a soup or salad was sad. I had a cream of asparagus soup, which amounted to boiled asparagus ground up in the blender. My husband's mixed salad was largely composed of celery and carrots, with the occasional tomato. Not to mention that both appetizers were miniscule in size. Unfortunately, the meal just wend downlhill from here with the main course. I doubt whether or not the steaks we were served were actually New York steaks. Not only were they tough, there was bristle running throughout. They looked more like a thin cut of sirloin. The vegetables, beans and carrots, were undercooked and hard. The potatoes were burnt. The dessert amounted to what appeared like a Dairy Queen Sundae, only worse. One would not think it possible to go wrong with ice cream, but somehow they managed it by sprinkling throughout some hardened caramelized substance. It was so hard, it was like eating ice cream with rocks. With a bottle of wine, this meal set us back some $80.00, then add on the tip and all of the local sales taxes. The next two evenings we are at "Ouback Jack's" on mainstreet Radium. Although this restaurant is not what one would call fancy, it sports a typical western menu. For a mere $50 we had a steak that was without question, a New York steak, the veggies were fantastic, the desserts were even better + we had wine. It is unlikely we will return to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated close to the famous Radium Hot Springs pools, discover our elegant inn offering exquisite deluxe rooms, kitchenettes and stunning designer suites. Onsite features include wireless internet, restaurant, lounge, fitness centre, indoor pool/hot tub, meeting & banquet facilities. Golf & Lifestyle packages available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Plus Prestige Inn Radium Hot Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prestige Inn Radium Hot Springs Hotel Radium Hot Springs
- Prestige Hotel Radium Hot Springs