“Kind of disappointed”

Best Western Plus Prestige Inn Radium Hot Springs
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I purchased a groupon for this hotel. The add made it seem like a full service resort. It is just a nice two star hotel, like a Hampton Inn. It does have a spa, but I didn't use it. Americans beware-taxes are NOT included.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank mercurialgirl
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Prestige Inn Radium Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thank you for taking part in our Groupon promotion. It is unfortunate that you misunderstood the terms and conditions set out by the promotion. We hope you will stay with us again and have a chance to be pampered at the Bare Hands Day Spa and enjoy the fine food at La Cabina Restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Prestige Inn Radium Hot Springs

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We went to radium on the spur of the moment night away just the hubby and I and another couple and I thought this hotel was average. The room was clean, bed was comfy, AC worked fine, pool was nice and so was the hot tub. There was a broken piece of door trim in the bathroom.
We ate in the pub in the hotel I found it to be a bit pricy for what we got. I ordered the steak sandwhich and it was good, came with fries but I think vegetables would have been nice or a salad. The service was a bit slow but I was fine with that as I was in no hurry to go anywhere I was just enjoying a nice evening out :)
We went for a walk across the street and it was a nice little walk down into a valley. So that was a nice perk.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shellya23
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Prestige Inn Radium Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience. It will my pleasure to pass along your compliments to our team. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next impromptu trip or planned retreat.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

For the price they charge , just because they can, its not a really good deal.
the room was clean, the air conditioning wouldn't work properly, it was one of those base board on the wall ones. So i would have to say just average.

2  Thank vh0wery

Thank you for posting your review. I will be sure to pass along your compliments and your concerns. Our hospitality specialists are always available to assist your guests with any concerns they may have during their stay. On your next visit, they will be sure to address any concerns you may have.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Stayed at the Prestige Inn over the long weekend. The hotel is OK, it is nice to have access to the on-site restaurant and liquor store. Our room was located on the main floor directly in front of the elevators and ice machine, obviously not the most quiet location. The hotel was full and we didn't have another option. The rooms were clean and pretty good size. We booked through Expedia and the description of the deluxe king room was vague, I was expecting a small kitchenette but there was only a fridge. Wasn't a big deal for us, but if someone is planning a longer trip they might care.
Overall it is a decent place to stay in Radium, but for the price of the rooms you are better off driving up to Invermere and finding another hotel with more accommodations and higher quality standard (Copper Point).

Room Tip: ask for rooms on top floor
1  Thank VikaCalgary

Thank you for your comments. Long weekends are always busy in a destination such as Radium Hot Springs and I apologize we were unable to provide a different room. We strive to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations and hope that we can accommodate all your needs on your next visit.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We were excited to be coming to Radium, visiting the hot springs and sight seeing. Prestige was an average hotel, but for the price expected a little more. The concierge was very nice and welcoming! Our room was clean for the most part ..... but when I went to put some food in the fridge noticed a puddle of milk had not been cleaned from it ( but having done this job before I know one can miss something). Then I went to have some water.... the glasses looked like they were wiped..not washed and the same for the tub! I dont normally expect alot from a hotel room but I do expect clean glasses and tubs! Also please move your coffee makers... maybe to the desk??!! They don't belong in the bathroom...yuck! Other than that we had a great stay, staff was great and helpful with directions and knowlege of the area! If your in Radium definitly enjoy the hot springs and the view on the way up! You may also want to take some time to head into Invermere...cute friendly town and great little beaches. It's only about a ten min. drive. If you want a good breakfast I suggest the restaurant attached to the Super 8 just off the HWY at Invermere. Radium has music on the main FRI and Sat 7-9 pm. local artists, it is very nice and relaxing!Would definitely go back to the area but may try a different motel/hotel. Oh there is also a little booklet of coupons and offers you can get at local merchants for free...there is a coupon for one night free if you book two nights at the Prestige. Something we didnt know about or we would have booked...I suggest asking about it when you book!!

1  Thank justmeaugoctaug
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Prestige Inn Radium Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Thank you for posting your review. We are always grateful for our guests’ feedback. I will share your compliments and concerns with our team and we hope to welcome you back on you next visit to Radium.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

This is my second review of the Prestige. The hotel has been under some renovation since my last visit out, the two things I mentioned that needed a refresher (bathrooms and elevator flooring) have both been updated. There looks to be new furniture in the lobby area too. We didn't have a chance to check out the pool or fitness area this trip to see if anything had changed but hopefully next time. (Yes there will be a next time). Still my favorite place to stay here in Radium, even if my hubby hates the new vessel sinks :)

We had breakfast at the restaurant on site, the food was good but I did feel like I was being pushed out the door as the bill arrived prior to us finishing our meals and the waitress came by asking if we needed the debit machine as I was still eating my last piece of toast, I hadn't even had a chance to look at the bill yet!! There is a difference between being fast and efficient and too pushy. It's not like we were lingering!

Thanks for another great weekend at the Prestige! May not be back to the restaurant any time soon though!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank YYCMtnGrl
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Prestige Inn Radium Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

It was our pleasure to welcome you back. I will be sure to pass on your compliments and concern to our team. It will be wonderful to have back for another stay.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

stayed one night on vacation travel through. very nice room (king) and quiet location.

Room Tip: avoid on-site restaurant. poor quality and understaffed when we dined there.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rjv55
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Prestige Inn Radium Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Guest feedback is so important to us. I will be sure to pass along your compliments and concern to our team. It will be wonderful to see you back again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Radium Hot Springs
#1 of 22 in Radium Hot Springs
Bighorn Meadows Resort
Bighorn Meadows Resort
#5 of 22 in Radium Hot Springs

Been to Best Western Plus Prestige Inn Radium Hot Springs? Share your experiences!