“Awesome time with the kids, children 5+ can participate”

Kootenay River Runners
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Kootenay River Runners raft on 3 of the best white water rivers in British Columbia and Alberta. Our trips offer trips from mild to wild, the perfect white water rafting experience for any outdoor adventure enthusiast. Whether you are looking for a fun filled family rafting trip on the Kootenay River near Radium, BC; or a short but sweet, exciting rafting adventure on the Toby Creek in Panorama BC, or a high-adventure, adrenaline pumping, white water rafting challenge on the Kicking Horse River near Golden, BC. We have the perfect trip for you and your family.
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

We had an awesome time. Out guide James was terrific. They had plenty if gear for the little ones so they would stay warm, which helped keep to trip enjoyable for all. This was our 3rd time rafting with this company and I would recommend them every time based on our experiences.

KootenayRiverRunners, Owner at Kootenay River Runners, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Terra! Thank you so much for your comments! It was a pleasure to have you and your family with us again! We look forward to seeing you on the river next summer!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Our party of three did the full-day Kootenay river run. My daughters are young, so this was the best option for our family. It was fantastic!!!

We were picked up in Radium and the bus driver (Terry) was very punctual and super friendly. Our guides (Ian and Katie) were so knowledgeable about the valley, the wildlife, the waters, and safety. Safety was their primary concern the entire time. They interacted well with all ages and were all-round super and we had a lot of fun!! They remembered everyone's names. It was the style and professionalism of the guides that made this top notch.

The food was also fantastic. Snacks were cheese, crackers, meat, fruit, cookies, and beverages. Lunch was Caesar salad, a make-your-own sandwich and great treats. We loved lunch.

We will definitely be back to do the Toby Creek and Kicking Horse next year.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Wow! Booked our first white water rafting trip for us and our girls (ages 12 & 9) and it was breathtaking! The views were amazing, the experience was wonderful, the lunch was delish, and our family had a great time! We had Katie as our guide. She was incredibly friendly and was a vat of knowledge about rivers, the area, the fires of 2003, and many other things! We would definitely do this again! I mainly am giving a 4/5 stars instead of 5/5 because my only complaint was that the driver of the bus drove wayyyyyy too fast on the logging road and I felt uncomfortable asking him to SLOW down! I understand that he does this trip every day and must be a skilled driver, but those twists and turns are sometimes sharp, the road bumpy and unpredictable and the sharp drop offs of the cliffs were terrifying at WELL over the posted speed limit. I was not the only guest that talked about this issue after we were dropped off! There were two other families that were just as upset!

1  Thank T B
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We had a great experience with Kootenay River Runners from the moment we hopped in the bus. The guides are very knowledgeable about the area and truly enjoy spending the day with there guests. You will know you are in good hands when you choose to take a trip on any of the rivers they run. I would definitely go again and recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband and I were celebrating our first year. As we passed through Radium, we decided to stop in and see if Kootney had anything available. Amazingly, Ian was more than accommodating and made sure to schedule something quickly even though they're obviously a well used company. My husband has gone many times and said it was the best and most professional experience he'd ever had. I was in heaven. It was exciting, romantic, beautiful, and affordable. It couldn't have been a better experience for my first time. On top of top notch equipment and rafting routes, the lunch was beyond our expectation. We will definitely be back!! Thanks for one of the most memorable trips Ian!

1  Thank LandD28