“Mixed Feelings.”

Motel Tyrol
Bruno, SK Canada
“Mixed Feelings.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

I think we just ended up at the wrong end of this motel. We stayed in room #7 which faces the busy noisy road but then there are a lot of other motel/hotels along this strip and they all hear the same noise. Our bedroom window would not close all the way (a gap) and the other main window's handle was broken off so I had to go outside and push the window closed last night. Wondering what I will do this morning to get it open again not to mention the safety of our laptop, ipad etc. while we are out site seeing? But then, I was told by the manager that this is a very safe place. There is no air conditioning in this motel, no phone to call the office. This particular room is in very serious need of an upgrade and for $159/night I hope they do it quickly. It did smell of stale cigarette smoke and somewhat musty. From what I am reading, the owners have just taken over fairly recently. They are very, very nice people and I am sure they will tend to the deficiencies of the rooms as soon as they can. Happy is a wonderful dog. Walked me to the pool to check on my teens! I would stay here again as the hospitality is great but I would NOT stay in this room again. I would try for a room in the back up top.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with A/C on the south side of this motel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank bobbie369

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

I have stayed periodically at the Tyrol over a period of 4 years it is my overnight stay on my weekends on the motorcycle, I was aware it was for sale but this summer I showed up to see some different friendly faces behind the counter. Since George, Wendy and family have taken over things are great, they are honest people with old school values that are not afraid to facilitate there customers and it shows, the rooms are spotless now and so are the facilities. I am relieved and pleased, it will remain my over night stop for a good conversation and a super clean room. Keep up the great work guys see you in a couple of weeks.
PS: Hey George Thanx for figuring out how to get me in the other night.

Regards.

Dane

Room Tip: I like the rooms with the balconies on the second floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dane S S
Dearborn, mi USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

George and Wendy do a marvelous job. Room # 5 is the perfect spot for a family of 4 or a couple plus 1. Efficient kitchenette, spacious bathroom, sweet bedroom (aunt dot's quilt), nice area to eat/sit/play cards, very clean (thanks Jane). The view from the pool is awe inspiring. Make sure and pet Happy as she stops by to greet you.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank drmarks23
Grande Prairie, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a very clean, well located motel and the owners were very friendly. The pool is very private, clean and excellent temperature. The room was clean, large and had everything you needed. The deck was was nice, the road noise was loud when you were on the deck, however when in the room, you couldn't hear the road noise, or your neighbours. The room rates are very reasonable. The location was great. Easy walking distance to restaurants, coffee shop and pub's. It has been a long time since I have used an actual key for a room at a hotel or motel, which added to the charm of this motel. We will stay again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JelleyBean
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Very impressed. I guess I've always had a bad impression about motels, but this one definitely won me over. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Even though we got the last room available, it was not the dump, au contraire. Very spacious room, very clean and well maintained. Sometimes it's quite challenging to fit a playpen in graciously, but in this room we could have had 4 of them and still enough room to dance. Our stay was very short and we couldn't get to use the pool but it looked great. The park located across the street is an added bonus. It's minutes away from the Radium Hot Springs and very close to store, gas, mini golf. I would def put this motel in the top 3 of all accommodations we've had.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank eli2312
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Friendly owners/staff..very helpful and knowledgable about attractions restaurants etc. Was pet friendly..big plus for me! Park across street for dog walking. Great pool and hot tub area.
Very clean accomodations..deck in front..and biggest bonus were the reasonable rates. Thoroughly enjoyed our short stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mary S
Three Hills, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

The new owners are very friendly and made our stay very memorable. It has been a long time since we have received such customer service. Our room was clean and very comfortable.
The view was beautiful. Having a private pool deck and Hot Tub with the quiet view of the mountains was the best experience and greatest surprise. We will look forward to staying again!
Thank you for the great stay!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple