WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Gables Motel

Gables Motel
Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Radium Hot Springs
Victoria, Canada
“Clean, great deal, great service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

I feel so lucky to have ditched the hostel for this place. Romalda, you are an excellent host and we will be back! Great location, so clean, exceeded expectations. Expect a slight musty motel smell. Comes with free tickets to the hot springs!

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor if you can.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Anja H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

My wife and me were staying in Gabled Motel in April for 2 nights. Very good location to stay when you skiing in Panorama and traveling in the area. Plan to stay there summer time when riding motorcycle in BC. There is pretty good extension of the roof on the back where possible hide the bike from sum or rain.
Also you can get free admission to Radium Hot Spring pool.

Room Tip: I like any room on the back.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank igorre
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2011

My husband and I went to the Radium Hot Spring on June 24. We stayed at Gables Motel for the night. This place is just like what it's said on its website http://www.gablesmotel.ca/ - clean, friendly, and convenient. We joined our stay and will definitely be back again next time when we are in the region.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank laurie_luo_wang
Lethbridge, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2011

WOW! Great place and great deal.

My husband and I enjoy staying at the Gales Motel when we travel in the area. The rooms we have had are very clean, the wonderful woman at the front desk is very welcoming and I love the flowers she is growing.

We appreciate having an affordable, tidy and pleasant motel to stay in while traveling.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank RandyandStephanie
Vancouver BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2011

Stayed here with a group of family members for our Easter weekend trip, 2010. The lady who runs the place was wonderful, committed to cleanliness and making sure we enjoyed our stay. The rooms were excellent value, the rates were so affordable that my relatives decided to 'splurge' on the Honeymoon suite! We all had a good laugh joking that the suite looked like Vegas in the 50's, in a good way, funky but very comfortable. Nice jacuzzi tub.
The rest of us had the regular double room. Old and in need of basic renos (the sink was cracked) but exceptionally clean.
Contrary to the previous review there was no sign of smoke in our non smoking rooms. The rooms were tooooo clean to show any signs of past smokers.
Excellent location, close enough to the hot springs for a brisk power walk! And mountain sheep wandering right past the motel, how cool is that! The proprietor gave us hot springs passes including an extra since I had my son in one of our rooms. Great service, value, location, and cleanliness.

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank VncrCanada
Terrace, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2010

Radium was the halfway point in our travels and I was happy with the off season price. It was $79. And the room had a jet tub in the bathroom which I was very happy about. The lady at the front desk was very friendly and gave us two free passes to the hot springs. The room was stated to be non smoking, but the absence of an ashtray does not erase the accumulated stench of a previous "smoking room" I had some essencial oils with me so I sprinkled them around the room on the carpet to make it smell better. When I opened one of the drawers of the "dresser" there was a pillow covered in cat hair. Other than that we had a very nice stay. We got pizza at Rockies pizza which was excellent! And we really enjoyed that Jaccuzzi tub!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank sunshineberry
Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2010

I had the opportunity to stay at this motel many times over the course of 2008 & 2009 while over seeing the construction our families dream cottage. Each room we stayed in was clean and extremely comfortable! The owner seemed to go out of her way to accommodate us for late arrivals and last minute bookings. I would definitely stay there again and would recommend family and friends to, if we have no more room in our cottage. :-)

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business