“Absolutely Delicious”

Cuisines: Austrian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Yes - the service is a bit slow - I have to agree with the other reviews there. However, if you're not in a rush and want to enjoy a nice meal -- I'd definitely eat here again. The food was very good (I had the schnitzel w/spaetzle and my hubby had steak) We both felt the food was fresh and enjoyed it very much. Our server was delightful and offered to help us with suggestions for sight seeing around the area. A little pricey - but so were comparable restaurants in the area. Looks like they were renovating as well (the decor could use a bit of freshening up) I'd come back.

1  Thank Shannon P
Natascha K, Owner at Helna's Stube, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our establishment. We appreciate your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit to our restaurant.

We apologize for the slower service you experienced on Saturday July 26th. We have discussed the situation with our team and have already taken action. In the future we will take better care to monitor our staff to guest ratio in order to prevent long waits.

We have been undergoing major renovations during the winter and spring and still working on some little details. We appreciate everyone's patient in that regard.

Thank you for your visit and we hope to see you again next time you come to Radium.

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

We waited about two hours to eat. The service was the worst I've ever had. Half an hour for drinks. An hour and a half for my soup and about two to get my schnitzel at a place that specializes in schnitzels. Pretty good food but over priced. I wouldn't recommend it unless you feel like waiting two hours to eat an overpriced mediocre meal.

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry we were not performing to our best on Saturday, July 26th. We have discussed the situation with our team and have already taken action. In the future we will take better care to monitor our staff to guest ratio in order to prevent long waits. Due to a full restaurant you were unable to experience our delicious, homemade, made to order menu items and stellar service and for that we deeply apologize.

I specifically remember your group being so gracious when I explained the long wait for the soup since we make it to order each time which is one of the reasons our restaurant is so busy, particularly on weekends so I was surprised to see your feedback on this forum. I hope that despite this experience you will return to Helna’s Stube and give us another opportunity to wow you with our culinary expertise.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Craved a schnitzel. Ordered mushroom schnitzel. Small portion. Little sauce. Little spetzle. Some how a bok choi found it's way into my Austrian meal. Waited two hours. Should have driven to Invermere.

2  Thank Gosmarti

Reviewed July 26, 2014

The restaurant needs staff that is better organized and more efficient at their jobs. For a one course meal we waited 1.5hrs for the main course. The food was ok for the value. This type of service is absolutely unacceptable.

Natascha K, Manager at Helna's Stube, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Every time we go to Radium, we always plan at least one evening at Helna's! The food is amazing, the service and atmosphere are wonderful! We love Suzie! The owners are wonderful! always there, serving and cooking and smiling! Keep up the great work Helmut & Natasha!

1  Thank TLL67