“Timeshare week 52”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Radium Hot Springs
Radium Valley Vacation Resort
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Radium Hot Springs
Calgary
“Timeshare week 52”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

We have owned a week 52 for the past 5 years. The units are single family detached chalets with 3 bedroom 2 full baths insuite laundry fireplace and large deck with gas bar-b-q. It sleeps 8 comfortably. the rooms are spacious. The clubhouse has an indoor pool and hot tub as well as a well stocked library/games room/lounge. Deer, Rabbits,Hawks, Wild Turkeys and Big Horned Sheep are seen regularly. We are there in the winter so know little of the summer activities. We vacation numerous times each each year, cruises, Cuba, San Diego yet the one our family ( 4 adults and 2 teenagers) look forward to the most is our Radium week.The staff is friendly and caring and the setting is awesome. We all agree that this could be our ideal year round home.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank DEREK D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Red Deer, AB
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Radium Valley Vacation Resort includes timeshare units and RV Sites. The timeshare units are interspersed among privately owned homes and cottages. It's actually like being in a vacation subdivision! The units are self contained, 3 bedroom units probably constructed in the 60's! However, they are in good condition, clean and equipped with a fully equipped kitchen and laundry. The beds were reasonably comfortable. Unit has a fireplace for cooler winter nights. Propane BBQ on large sheltered patio with patio furniture. First impression is that the unit is rather rustic but it's like visiting Grandma in the 60's! The owners are in the process of demolishing and reconstructing some units. When this process is complete, complemented by the newer recreation facilities c/w with a large outdoor pool, a heated indoor pool, hot tub, recreation building and large covered picnic area, this resort could garner a four star rating.
During the first week of September, 2013, my wife and I were invited by a friend to accompany him to the three bedroom unit which he obtained through RCI. We enjoyed our stay very much, making day trips into the Canadian Rockies and sightseeing in Radium and environs including the world famous Hot and odourless Radium Hot Springs! ! There are a number of world class restaurants nearby including Helna's Stube, (see my Tripadvisor review) which features excellent Austrian cuisine! The RVVR is an ideal home base to discover this area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank CanuckRedDeer_AB
Cheney, Wa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

We could see how nice the RV sites they had there were, and their reputation is probably well warrented in that regard. My review is for their RCI properties and the overall feel for the place. They were wonderful. Granted, our stay was in an off-season so I cannot give an opinion of how RVVR would be when they are full to the gills. But these nice folks are so genuinely caring about their travelers, it's hard to not think that it all wouldn't be just as special. Our house was big, warm, comfortable, and perfect for a large family. There was a want for nothing. My wife's uterus almost fell out when she saw her master-bath jet tub. Tons of things to do in their very clean recreation center, and if the kids say there's nothing to do, tell them to state their case to the many beautiful big horn sheep tip-toeing through the gated grounds. This was the best week my family has had since we have been enjoying RCI properties during the Yank Thanksgiving week. There are bargains to be had out here people, and I highly recommend to all Yanks in upper WA/ID/MT area to consider this wonderful place for their vacation plans. Bravo, Radium Valley Resort. You'll have to put up with my family again. And I know you'll do it with a smile...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank gcleff11
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Although we did call numerous times and our messages were not returned, we did finally make contact and arranged reservations for the day that we were planning on arriving. The desk clerk was friendly and helpful on the phone. We arrived with no surprises. Check in was fairly quick and uneventful. Our RV site was easily accessible. The only thing that was a bit annoying was we had asked several times (with our unanswered calls) for a quiet private campsite as we wanted some privacy for our romantic getaway that we were planning. Regardless of our request, they parked us right beside another RV and the campground was almost empty. We could hear the neighbor swearing at times, but we ignored it. The next day we were happy to see our easily-annoyed neighbors leave. But to OUR annoyance, the following day another RV had been assigned to the site beside ours. Again, the campground had maybe 3 other RV's in the entire campground and they had to put us together???

We only looked at the indoor pool and hot tub. Although they looked very nice and clean, we decided to spend our time at the nearby hot springs instead.

We saw big-horned-sheep on the campground and had a limited view of the mountains from our couch in the RV. Very nice. The campground was very quiet, other than the odd curse word coming from our neighbor's site of course!

We are planning on going back again next summer, only we will make sure to make reservations before we leave (we're prepared to spend a day calling until we contact someone), and make sure that we get one of the sites at the very front of the campground. They are back-in only style sites, but the views are amazing!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jewlesmiller
Seattle, WA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

We arrived to a pleasant resort clerk, except that the resorts policy was only to accept Debit cards as a payment for the Security Deposit and possibly other charges.. The area near Kootenay National Park is very scenic with lots of wildlife.

The Room and Cleanliness . . . Both pillows in my bedroom were soiled and very, very smelly. The mattress was very, firm. The couch and easy chairs had poor padding (very soft). The Jacuzzi in room was grrreat, but they plan on removing all jacuzzis from all units!

The unit had a bad order, but went away after a couple of days of airing it out.

If I would have been able to use my Credit Card I could have challenged all the charges that I didn't think I was responsible for.. After emailing the resort I could not get a list of charges for the LARGE bill on my Debit card. I ignored a previous poster here and the problems they had with the final billing, next time I will heed Trip Advisor reviews better!

Room Tip: Don't stay in unit 69. Get things settled at checkout, see a list of all charges before you lea...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Hiker9
Kawhia,New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2010

We really enjoyed the location and its proximity to areas Tourist destination: Banff ,Lake Louise and Fort Steel heritage town,
We arrived late for check in- it was a long drive from Hope with my husband stopping regularly for photos.
We phoned and were given a combination and instructions on where to find keys etc-
No hassle there- We were politely dealt with even though we rang the after hours number, because we rang after the office was closed.
Our unit was huge with 3 bedrooms. a tv in our room and a huge tv in the lounge.
There were 3 queen sized beds in the 3 bedrooms. one room we kept our stuff in and the other we didn't even enter.
The furniture was very modern and comfortable and we had a huge washer and dryer in our unit.
The only thing not that clean was the spa bath- it was clean but when you flush through the jets gung came out.
I don't know how they would fix that.
We bought some epsom salts and bathed in that to compensate.
Otherwise we were thrilled with our unit.
We saw squirrels and deer cam right up to the units.
The grounds were very well kept.And the gate system made us feel very secure.
We did not use the resorts other facilities- there were plenty of them but we did a lot of sight seeing and went to the Springs one afternoon.
We left 2 days early on the Thursday morning so we could do Columbian Icefields and Jasper before going back to Vancouver- and flying home.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CarolynTA
Nunavut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2009

We arrived after the office was closed, but that wasn't a problem. The woman who meet us at the gate and showed us to the loft was very nice. But I got the sense that the operations of the resort could be more organized.

The next morning I went to check in and I found the single staff member overwhelmed and thus was not exactly helpful for a first time guest. Had I not did my own research and been observant while check-in in there were going to be many things I would have not know about such as the card entry and exit access to the recreation centre, towels at the front, firewood that we could use, etc.

I had noticed the nits have wireless routers. I picked up a strong signal but it was secured, so I asked the lone employee at the front about it and she said its not secure and that it was named RVVR66. I had to tell her it wasn't unsecure and it wasn't name what she said. She finally said she'd come by and take a look. I called once more two hours later and she said she was busy and that she would stop by. Four hours later at 6PM I was taking my children to the pool and stopped at the front desk router in-hand, but the lone employee was now someone else who hadn't had a clue about routers.

They defiantly could use another person at the front, at least during peak hours and days because it was obvious one person didn't have the time to handle all the work required in checking-in, checking-out and taking inquires from resort and RV guests.

I found the unit to b tidy but could be cleaner. There is a jacuzzi bath in the master bedroom which could use a scrub down between guests. I also found two towels on the loveseat that had been used by the last guests. The bath wasn't that bad, but still I'd expect to have a cleaned bath between guests.

But despite all that, I really liked the location, the abundance of space in the two bedroom house, and the space outside the units. We easily slept eight plus a baby in the loft. We'd return, it is a great family environment and while the children play mom and dad have quiet places to relax or have a romantic evening.

PS Invermere is just 15mins away, hot springs are just a few mins from the resort, big horn sheep will probably be seen on your trip in or around town and we also saw a few deer right in town.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Siutiapik
Also consider these accommodations in or near Radium Hot Springs
BEST WESTERN PLUS Prestige Inn Radium Hot Springs
BEST WESTERN PLUS Prestige Inn R...
#5 of 22 in Radium Hot Springs
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,366 reviews
Crystal Springs Motel
Crystal Springs Motel
#1 of 22 in Radium Hot Springs

Been to Radium Valley Vacation Resort? Share your experiences!