“A very pleasant surprise”

Cafe-Bistro Le Bercail - Coop de Solidarite
Ranked #4 of 108 Restaurants in Rimouski
Cuisines: Bar, Healthy, Canadian, French
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Toronto, Canada
“A very pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

Let me start by saying that I did not know or meet the staff or owners before more or less randomly picking the place. I loved it . It reminded me of University hangouts.Casual, energetic atmosphere with what looked like a college kids having a (restrained but energetic) good time. On the first day, they played blues/rock from the seventies? I thought I recognized Muddy Waters, but I could be wrong. The music was great and yet I recognized very little of it. The place had simple, eclectic decor seemingly casually thrown together, but it worked for me. Te service was superb in a casual way - informal yet genuine (non-plastic). Good sense of humor was thankfully there both on a first day - a woman served us and on a second day - a man served.

The menu is fairly limited but all that we have sampled on the two days was excellent - fresh, light, flavourful. I have been told that the menu changes weekly. We stayed two days and both my wife and I wanted to come back on both days. This is a unusual for us - we like to try different things, but this time we both wanted to come back. Well done.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Pavel M

Rimouski, Quebec, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Having a meal or a drink at Le Bercail is a grounding experience. It roots you to Nature itself and to the people who cultivates it and brings it into your plate or your glass with dedication. Drinking fine microbrewery beer while listening Aretha Franklin, or appreciating an original Cocotte made with local, healthy and tasty food while watching your two kids playing with new friends in the kid's corner ... that's a part of life I enjoyed, and will continue to do as often as I can. Le Bercail is Home, whoever you are. Enjoy!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank DanyDumont
Montreal
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Smashing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

We had a very pleasant time at Le Bercail. Food was fresh, healthy and simply exquisite (we were told the Chef only works with local products).
We were charmed by the service of our idiosyncratic hosts, Julien and Julien, who gave us some valuable information about the city of Rimouski and made some considerable efforts to serve us in English (they're from France, beware of the thick accent!).
All in all, a warm and friendly place we highly recommend.

• Visited May 2013