“Great value”
Review of Motel Bienvenue

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rimouski
Motel Bienvenue
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Rimouski
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We slept two nights in this motel, we had the view on the St Lawrence river and we did not have a kitchen. The motel is at walking distance to a submarine that you can visit (the only one in Canada). The room was small and there is no air conditionneer but for the price of the room is it perfect for a short trip. Also, it is rare that you need air conditioneer in that part of the province, just opening the window at night will be enough to have fresh air. The room was clean and the owner and employees were really nice. You need a car to get to a restaurant though.

4  Thank Osiane
Fannie D, Gérant at Motel Bienvenue, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Hello,

I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write a review about my motel (motel Welcome to Rimouski). I fell in love with this area and this is why the past 9 years, I put all my energy to offer my clients a nice, clean and affordable to share the beauty of the landscape with my clients. And thanks to you, taking the trouble to write this review, you contribute to this dream of mine. THANKS A LOT for all this!

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed here last minute for one night. Loved it! The room was spotless. Loved that we had real coffee, real mugs, real wine glasses and a great view of the ocean. It was an unusually cold night and the electric heat (no noisy blower) was a Godsend. Plus, it was a great deal. We did not have problems w/ noisy neighbors, as other reviewers did. The proprietoress, Fannie Drasse, was gracious and kind, and accommodating, even though we arrived late w/out a reservation (a risk I probably wouldn't take again). I always try to stay at locally owned, non-chains and Ms. Drasse deserves the business. Loved this place and would definitely recommend it. PS Ignore the pool and food rating below. I don't think it had either, but can't figure out how to unselect.

Room Tip: We stayed in the main building on the second floor on the street side (it's a peninsula, so no t...
2  Thank druidclark

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights after reading reviews on TripAdvisor. Mostly we loved it -- as others have said, it's spotlessly clean & cozy with a nice view of the water, and a quick walk (you can see it from the motel) to the submarine and to a restaurant. Many nice touches like decorative painting on the walls & wine glasses provided.

The biggest drawback to me was that the walls between our room and the next one over were so thin. I was kept awake the first night because I could hear the people next door talking -- it wasn't that I could make out their words, but it was the constant sound of conversation. The next two nights I was kept awake by the person in the next room snoring -- it sounded like he was in my room it was so loud.

I really liked the motel otherwise -- and I imagine it depends on who your next door neighbors are. If I stayed there again, I would pack earplugs!

1  Thank katsongs

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed in a second floor room (no kitchenette) in the main building. The room was small, but thoughtfully arranged and very clean. While the comfortable bed took up a good share of the room, there was a large bureau for unpacking, a good sized closet with a top shelf for luggage, and a wooden fold-out chair and coffee tray in the closet. A small refrigerator was in the room, along with a coffee maker, coffee and fixings, wine glasses, and a corkscrew. With the chair and coffee table and the second person perched on the bed, we could easily eat our dinner since the weather wasn't good enough to use the outdoor picnic tables. The staff kindly brought up a new teakettle for my breakfast tea. The room overlooked the lighthouse and the ocean, and the submarine next door was a bonus! In all, great views, great staff, and a terrific bargain!

2  Thank NEReviewer

Reviewed September 27, 2011

We stayed in the new addition to this motel and all I have to say is "What a gem"! The room was spacious and even included an additional Murphy bed. The motel was very clean, nicely designed and a fantastic deal for the price! Since we like home cooked meals we opted for a room with kitchenette. The kitchen is perfect - complete with an island for extra counter space.

The owner is obviously motel proud as the motel keeps getting better and better. This was our fourth visit and each time we tour the Gaspe, we stop here on our way back. We have been to other motels but this one is by far the best.

The motel is right next to several attractions: the Empress of Ireland museum, Onondaga submarine and the Pointe au Pere lighthouse.

For dog owners, the motel is pet friendly and has provided green spaces on the property in order to walk your dogs. However, there are lots of areas to walk your pet nearby so it is perfect.

For bird watchers, you are a minute away from the shore. We spotted several herons and various other shore birds in a couple of minutes.

Would I recommend this motel? You bet I would...and have already recommended it to my friends who have also stayed here this year and have been very pleased.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Lottie543

Reviewed August 28, 2011

We stayed at Motel Bienvenue for two nights on our way to and back from Gaspesie. It was a great experience. The rooms are sparkly clean, kitchens extremely well provided with everything you might need. Great coffee provided for all guests in all the rooms as well. The personnel is very friendly and customer service great. It is the best place to stay by far - the 2 stars that are shown are definitely not enough to show the great accommodation quality provided. Within walking distance there is a very interesting historic site including the only submarine in Canada that could be visited, a sunken ship site and a picturesque lighthouse. The scenery around is great allover!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank George S

Reviewed August 5, 2011

Fannie and her staff run a super-clean, tidy operation in a super location with 3 museums adjacent to the motel: Empress of Ireland (maritime disaster), Onondaga (attack submarine), and Pointe au Pere Lighthouse. Some of the motel units have kitchens. This was the cleanest and best value in lodgings during our 2-week tour of the province. Highly recommended. Go to the next village, Sainte Luce, for meals and a romantic walk along the beachfront. But for gasoline, you'll have to go back to highway 132.

Room Tip: Unless you speak French, make reservations via email. Always ask for the final rate with taxes incl...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple