“Ambiance isn't cheap”

Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Hosts great, food decent, presentation very good, ambiance unique, bill outrageous. With tip cost us $100 for the two of us. I would have expected a maximum of $60 for what we had. Glad we went but will know next time it's only for special occasions.

1  Thank smishsmash
AtlantaKathy, Owner at Sushi On The Sea, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2012

I am surprised by your mention of price. We have never had a bill for two guests even close to 100.00. We keep all of our order forms. If you have proof of your claim we would love to see it. Sorry you felt it was too expensive but I don't see how you would have spent 100 for 2@ sushi on the sea.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

Our kids (sushi lovers) took us here and we were not disappointed. Great location - wonderful fresh food and great people. We will revisit often. Don't miss this place that is only open occasionally so check the days.

Reviewed June 5, 2011

I took my parents out for dinner to Sushi on the sea. We are long time Sooke residence and have never experienced something like this ever before we were a party of 5 and the restaurant holds up to 8 people so we were on our own. You must try it for yourself , allow Keri to make you her special rolls, relax and enjoy the stories and entertainment of Captain Ralph take in the amazing location. and drift away to bliss. I think we had one of the best nights out in a long time~

Reviewed February 13, 2011

Warm, cosy surroundings with a terrific assortment of sushi!! Love the spicy tuna roll and all the local salmon rolls!! Live music with Dead Reckoning - a local band with great voices and wide array of music - very talented!!
Went with a group of friends and enjoyed the hospitality of Ralph and kari - and would definitely do it again!!

Reviewed November 7, 2010

I just went to Sushi on the Sea for my third time and am still impressed! The rolls are all interesting with many unique combinations. Carrie and 'the captain' are excellent hosts with lots of amazing stories. The boat 'the rolando' is beautiful and the best place I can think of to eat sushi. The ambience, the hosts and the food make for an incredible experience every time! (and the price is incredible, too)