“classic small town eatery - not a criticism”
Review of Stone Pipe Grill

Stone Pipe Grill
Ranked #12 of 51 Restaurants in Sooke
Cuisines: Indian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 27, 2013

In our 5 week trip to North America it was one of the few places we visited twice. friendly staff and good, though fairly basic food. My wife had the Jambalaya which she said was not basic and well executed. Great atmosphere with a mixture of tourists and guys with John Dere caps on. Lots of people in and out who knew each other. Lovely experience of the best of small town Canada. My only criticism would be how early this shuts, but then so do the other places around.

1  Thank Mr J

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We ate here tonight. I had the prawns dinner with rice and veggies. It was beautifully presented and tasted very flavorful. I also had a slice of the Italian chocolate cake which was also very beautifully presented. It tasted exactly as I have always dreamed chocolate cake should - dense but not too chcolatey and not too sweet. It was served atop some chocolate sauce which was really good too.

My husband had the pad thai with prawns and it was a huge portion and he said it tasted very good. I forget what dessert he had but he said it was very good as well.

The place is very nice, very clean and the service is great. I also thought the price was great. We would definitely eat here again.

2  Thank ClaireTravels
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Great burgers, sandwiches, fish and chips, and beer. Unbelievable fried ice cream for the kids. Would highly recommend for a lunch stop. Reasonably priced for the quality of the food.

1  Thank berniez
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Great food, good service, presentation is always very good, The portions are generous and the food is fresh, not bagged salad, The flavours are unique and tasty.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Efficient service and hot delicious dishes. 10 minute wait for table
but friendly, staff and fresh salads.