“Fantastic out-of-the-way place”

Ranked #3 of 51 Restaurants in Sooke
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Well worth the nice drive out of Victoria to a beautiful little place overlooking the water. The lunch was superb. The great wait staff made us feel at home and the food was fresh and wonderfully prepared. Very good value for the quality and quantity.

With binoculars on the table, we watched the seals and sea lions make their way down the coast. Some appeared to stop and watch us. When driving there, be sure to stop at the Sooke Museum along the highway. Another highlight of our trip.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Well... here I was, expecting that all the hype about this place would be just that... hype. I mean, it's a half hour up the coast from anything (Sooke), out of cell coverage, in the reception building of a place with rustic ocean cabins, I figured, hey, the views will be nice.... but what kind of chef would have a job out here? Well. The meal was spectacular. No other way to describe it. From the fresh, local heirloom tomato salad, to the sensational halibut, to the clever and creative desserts.... it is truly worth the trip and the money. Wow. Seriously. I lived in NYC for a decade, and granted, the top restaurants there can boast better rooms and service I suppose... but the food here beats them all in my opinion. I have no idea how they pull it off, way out there, but they do. Just wow.

1  Thank Volenti
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Great cosy spot for lunch overlooking the water. We have visited here several times and the food, service, and view are always great. My partner had the special fall risotto with chanterelle mushrooms, walnuts, and cabbage. I had the seafood chowder. Both were excellent.

We highly recommend taking the time to take the scenic drive to this location for a great meal.

1  Thank thotzak
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We where told to head to Point no Point resort, in the middle of a rain storm we drove up the coast from Sooke. It was so worth it, just a small little restaurant, but what a view and the food was great, I had the shrimp roll with chowder and Mike had the cheddar soup with basil crème fresh and a burger. Wow out of no where this lovely waitress brings us just the most fresh, full of flavor meals. Then came dessert the most spectacular carrot cake I have eaten. It is so much worth the drive do not miss out if you are in the area. When we are there the rain stops and the sun comes out giving us the most spectacular view. Just perfect!

1  Thank mamalowe
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This restaurant just a short drive up the coast rod from my sister's home is delightful & occupies
a beautiful setting with views across the strait to the coast of the USA. Whilst small it provides good quality food, good friendly service and well worth the drive.
Our light lunch was just right, quality not quantity - our experience of Canadian style platter is
'loaded plates', great if you have a large appetite ! -
Just felt that it was a tad over priced, not by much though. If you are thinking of going do so.
After the meal you can walk down to the waters edge and/order their private little sandy beach.