“Holy crap, this place is awesome.”
Review of Point no Point

Point no Point
Ranked #2 of 50 Restaurants in Sooke
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Austin, Texas
“Holy crap, this place is awesome.”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

My wife and I decided to try out this restaurant, which is located in Shirley (just west of Sooke), and were so happy we tried it out! For starters, the food was incredible! I had a wild salmon filet (huge portions) that was served with rhubarb gnocchi...it was DELICIOUS. My wife is a vegetarian and since there wasn't an 'official' menu item that she could choose, the chef created a dish for her. Let me tell you, if I've ever wanted to convert to vegetarianism (not sure if this is a word but it helps me convey my point...) I would've done it at this restaurant. She was served sweet corn stuffed pierogis with HUGE morel mushrooms. The prices of both dishes weren't cheap, but definitely less expensive than other restaurants in the Sooke area.

Now let's talk about the view. I'm not a religious person, but I almost became one in their dining room. The restaurant is located on the edge of a cliff that quickly slopes into the ocean. The view from every table was SPECTACULAR! They even had binoculars at every table so you could check out the barges that passed by and sneak a peak at whales when they are in the area (we didn't see any, unfortunately).

I'll definitely be back. The combination of delicious food, good prices, amazing view, and accommodating staff made me a life customer.

• Visited June 2011

Kelowna, Canada
“Neat spot”
Reviewed June 9, 2011

Delicious food! The clam chowder was exellent. We recommend the balsamic vinagretter if you order a salad. The place is quite small (quaint) and parking is a big of issue. worth the stop though! Ask for a table by the window. Binoculars with every table!!

• Visited June 2011
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Great Food and Great View”
Reviewed May 31, 2011

We've lived on Vancouver Island for 7 years but despite hearing good things about Point No Point, we had never been there until this past weekend. We actually stayed in Victoria but on the Saturday decided to drive up the coastal highway. The drive was nice and easy, and when we came to Point No Point we decided to go in for lunch. Glad we did, it was not busy so we had a table right by the window looking out over the trees and down to the ocean. Service was prompt, friendly and knowledgeable. Most ingredients are locally sourced. I had possibly the best clam chowder I've tasted, while my wife had a delicious carrot soup. We split a bowl of steamed local clams in a fantastic broth. All this was served with complimentary soda bread baked on site. The bonus was exploring the large grounds and shore after lunch - just beautiful!

• Visited May 2011
Ottawa, Canada
“Visited in 2000 (but can't select such an old date)”
Reviewed February 10, 2011

I know it's been a while since I was there but hopefully it is still fabulous.

When I and my g/f had dinner there I recall thinking, for the one and only time in my life, that my dinner may have been the best meal I had ever had in my life (haven't had that reaction since, either).

Seriously, even if I don't recall what I had, I do recall my reaction.

It wasn't fancy but, man, was it a wonderful meal. And there's a fabulous view looking down to the Straight of Juan de Fuca. If it's as good now as it was then, I could not recommend it highly enough.

• Visited March 2010
Canmore, Canada
“EXCELLENT food”
Reviewed November 29, 2010

While staying at the resort we had the opportunity to eat dinner in the restaurant and I was blown away with the quality of the food. The price is on the high end but this was more than offset by the deliciousness of the fare. I would wholeheartedly recommend eating here for lunch or dinner.