“excellent meal, great service”

Sooke Harbour House
Reserve with OpenTable
Sooke Harbour House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 51 Restaurants in Sooke
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband and I were a little leery about going to the Sooke Harbour House because of some of the mixed reviews but we were glad we went. It really was great. The food was so beautiful you almost didn't want to eat it. The flavours were fantastic. The service was really good - attentive without being overly so. I was torn between the salad and the soup for an appy and selected the soup. Wonderful. For dinner, we both had the halibut which was prepared to perfection. I don't really like dessert so was pleased that I was able to swap out for the salad so I got exactly what I wanted. We were seated at the window and had a gorgeous view of the harbour. All in all, it was a great experience. We would definitely go back.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Loved the carefully & creatively selected and prepared local & seasonal food -each dish was garnished with edible flowers from the garden adding color and beauty and expertly seasoned; the spritely and knowledgeable sommelier coupled my 3 meal selections with BC wines and even tailored the amount when I said I wanted apx. a glass of wine overall. The service was stellar. We visited on a Sunday when you can select a 3-course meal ($59) instead of the usual 5-course. This is a place you want to linger and you can by strolling through the quaint, colorful and soothing gardens along the Straight of Juan de Fuca.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

the food is really nice and special (I mean it is cooked in an innovative way and will let you have a unique experience!) The guy who serves us is not very nice, the menu does not have price for each item. We waited very long, although they send us an additional free dish as compensation.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Great food, fresh ingredients, unusual menu choices. Fabulous view, close to the water. Amazing collection of locally sourced Sculptures and Pacific NW Coast Native arts. Many for sale and out of my budget.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Wonderful herb gardens surround the Inn. Amazing locally handmade sculptures and artwork are displayed in the public areas of the Sooke Harbor House.The food was simply wonderful, and service was on point, and although it was really pricey, it was worth the money .