“Great Place To Go With Family and Friends”
Review of 17 Mile House

17 Mile House
Ranked #13 of 50 Restaurants in Sooke
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
canada
“Great Place To Go With Family and Friends”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

A group of us went out to celebrate my brithday and we all had a great time. We received a friendly greeting and the birthday person (me) got a big Happy Birthday. The service was great they got us all our drinks right away and took our orders right after. Everyone loved their meals I had the halibut burger and it was very good also a few got doggy bags because there was so much food.The atmosphere was great everyone was so friendly. I received a free dessert for my birthday it was very tasty. Our server was so friendly and she never forgot that it was a Birthday celebration. There is a ghost that lives there but we never met her maybe next time. I would recommend the pub to anyone wanting a fun place and good food.

• Visited October 2012

Vancouver, BC, Canada
“Typical pub food on the way out of Sooke. Dog friendly patio here!”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I did some research before coming to Sooke like places to eat and points of interest. I was drawn to come here because they allow dogs in their patio. This pub is on its way out of Sooke centre. My wife and I thought we would try and eat here one warm night in early August.

As we arrived to the pub I thought I would go in a take a look first. No one was there to greet me and I hung around for someone to spot me. I had to go up to the bar to talk with someone and I asked what the procedure is for allowing dogs in their garden/patio. I was told to walk around the side and bring our dog in. We did so, though when we arrived we were told to only occupy one table that was left right at the edge of the patio. The table was not comfortable at all and it was a concern of mine as my wife is pregnant. We was even told we could tie our dog to the tree away from us! I did not think that was very pleasant. What was strange was one dog was allowed to be off leash whilst he fetched his ball in the garden.

I had this burger for $12 and my wife had seafood fettuccine. My burger was not amazing, but just OK. My wife's pasta had far too many onions in the them and she had to take the trouble to get most of them out. To finish off we shared the cheese cake creme brulee. This was actually very nice.

The setting is not ideal as it is right off the main road. The food was OK, but we will not come back.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank GoWithoutBorders
Seattle, Washington
“Best Wings of All Time”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My girlfriend and I were looking for a "simple" place for dinner on the first night of our 3-day vacation in Sooke. We looked online and saw that this place had a Monday night wing special, and it was all fate from there. It's a very unique establishment, down to earth and classic! There were a few different wing sauces to choose from, but the Hell's Honey caught my eye, and the waitress agreed it was a good pick. Hands down the best wings I've ever had. They were spicy and sweet. Simply amazing. We weren't done yet, our entrees were plentiful and delicious. I had an amazing Salmon Burger and my girlfriend loved her Chicken Pesto Sandwich! Our beers were served with cold glasses and the service was friendly. We would definitely recommend this restaurant and we're still talking about the wings!!

Visited August 2012
Victoria, Canada
“Good value and service”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

For an active local pub, this establishment does a pretty good job. We went there for a quick supper the other night and were seated very quickly. After our meal order was taken, it was delivered piping hot in 13 minutes. We've had the steak sandwich before (served with fries, Caesar salad, and garlic bread), and it had good flavour, though with average quality (some tough pieces). A recommendation I'm going to make the next time we order the steak sandwich is to not put the steak on top of the garlic bread, for the bread soaks up a lot of the steak's juice and that can tend to dry out the steak. The fries were right out of the deep fryer, and more than plentiful. Often the music can be a bit on the loud side, but as we are decades older than most of the clientele, I'm sure that's just our "old fart bias". We will come here again.

• Visited August 2012
Spokane Valley, Washington
“AWESOME!”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Awesome place to pop in and have a bite and a pint! I would definitely be a "regular" if I lived in the area. Loved every bit of it!

Visited June 2012