“Best Wings of All Time”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Seattle, Washington
“Best Wings of All Time”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My girlfriend and I were looking for a "simple" place for dinner on the first night of our 3-day vacation in Sooke. We looked online and saw that this place had a Monday night wing special, and it was all fate from there. It's a very unique establishment, down to earth and classic! There were a few different wing sauces to choose from, but the Hell's Honey caught my eye, and the waitress agreed it was a good pick. Hands down the best wings I've ever had. They were spicy and sweet. Simply amazing. We weren't done yet, our entrees were plentiful and delicious. I had an amazing Salmon Burger and my girlfriend loved her Chicken Pesto Sandwich! Our beers were served with cold glasses and the service was friendly. We would definitely recommend this restaurant and we're still talking about the wings!!

Visited August 2012

Victoria, Canada
“Good value and service”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

For an active local pub, this establishment does a pretty good job. We went there for a quick supper the other night and were seated very quickly. After our meal order was taken, it was delivered piping hot in 13 minutes. We've had the steak sandwich before (served with fries, Caesar salad, and garlic bread), and it had good flavour, though with average quality (some tough pieces). A recommendation I'm going to make the next time we order the steak sandwich is to not put the steak on top of the garlic bread, for the bread soaks up a lot of the steak's juice and that can tend to dry out the steak. The fries were right out of the deep fryer, and more than plentiful. Often the music can be a bit on the loud side, but as we are decades older than most of the clientele, I'm sure that's just our "old fart bias". We will come here again.

• Visited August 2012
Spokane Valley, Washington
“AWESOME!”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Awesome place to pop in and have a bite and a pint! I would definitely be a "regular" if I lived in the area. Loved every bit of it!

Visited June 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
“Excellent Guinness”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stopped In for a quick pint and had our pint pulled by the islands champion Guinness puller. And it showed. What a delicious drink! The atmosphere of this pub is great too. It doesn't appear to have changed a bit in decades.

• Visited July 2012
Grand Island, Nebraska
“Decent pub food”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

The place has history and character with decent pub food to boot. As you head West toward Sooke you can't miss it.

Visited December 2011