“3 for 3!”

Ranked #11 of 51 Restaurants in Sooke
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 5, 2011

We live nearby and have been there quite often so we decided to go there with some out of town friends. We sat on the patio. 2 out of the 6 in the group ordered the Thai Noodle Salad. First G found a dark hair in hers, the waitress politely offered to get her another salad. Then S found a hair in his after he had eaten 3/4 of it. It wasnt worth him getting another salad so he said he was done. Near the end of Gs second salad there was ANOTHER HAIR! 3 Thai Noodle Salads, 3 hairs! The rest of our meals were really tasty (albeit checked over very carfully!). At the end of the meal the waitress brought us the bill and mentioned that they paid for the 2 salads. This is the part that really bugs me... We had 3 hairs in 3 out of the 7 meals that were brought to us and all they did was pay for 2 of the meals?!?!? Its not like we expected a lot but I was very dissapointed in the management of this situation. Sadly, I am now hesitant about ever going back there.

1  Thank sassietassie

Reviewed July 31, 2011

My neighbourhood pub and restaurant but I stopped going years ago because the food had gotten so bad. A visitor insisted on going and we had the best seafood chowder I have ever had. The rest of the menu looks great too. Love the original fittings...but I just feel like it still needs a good scrub.

Reviewed June 23, 2011

Friends from England say that it is the closest thing to a "back home" pub that they have seen since they moved to Canada. Food is good, beer is better!

Reviewed September 26, 2010

Good food, great beers, and an open mic night that made our trip worthwhile. VERY worth going to (esp on Sundays).