“Invigorating”

Ranked #4 of 24 Sooke B&B and Inns
Calgary, Canada
“Invigorating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2011

My gosh.... I have never experienced such hospitality from anywhere else I have stayed. This was my first time in a B & B, our hostess Miss Christine Hoffman has every attention to detail for all her guests. She has a beautiful property....the view is spectacular, along with the hummingbirds gallantly flying about all day long.
Her service was impecibable and our Breakfast meals were outstanding and kept us full pretty well all day :) Hats off to you Christine, you made our family reunion and birthday extra special, we will never forget that and I hope soon that I can return to see you and spend more time with you.
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts, your kindness touched us all. Hugs, hugs and more hugs.
Love from Shelley Logan, Calgary Alberta --- ie: Peggy-Sue( Sooke BC and Mom ( Barbara from Ontario. )

• Stayed March 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Hebrew first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2011

Chris was an amazing host and prepared wonderful, healthy, plentiful breakfasts that were fit for a king and queen! The best pancakes on the island!! The view of the ocean cove every morning was certainly magical, and on a clear day the olympic mountains are literally a work of art rite on the property! You certainly will not want to leave this piece of island paradise!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2010

We had a biking trip in Vancouver Island we stayed in this B&B for two nights. It's a great place. Chris is amazing and she was extremely kind and helpful. Breakfast was great. I highly recommend this place to other travelers.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Poplar Bluff, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2010

This B&B was amazing. The bed was like sleeping in heaven, the jacuzzi was relaxing and romantic. The view from the room and deck was unbelievable. We could pick all the delicious blueberries we wanted right outside our room!

Chris was an amazing, and friendly host. We needed to leave very early and she provided us a delicious breakfast very early.

There was a fantastic restaurant probably 1/4 mile down the road.

We would love to go back some time!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2010

The purpose of this trip to the island was to propose to my girlfriend so I really needed to find a place that was not only beautiful, but would be romantically memorable enough . With Moonlit Cove, we got both.

Since we both live in Asia, we had no idea what the property looked like so we had to rely on reviews from other people and now that we have stayed there, we feel like we should share the amazing experience we had there.

I felt comfortable with my decision from the beginning after talking with Chris (B&B host) on the phone. I told her that I wanted to propose and she recommended the Moonliight Cottage (a beautifully decorated suite with a jacuzzi tub and breathtaking views. I had told her that we needed to come up earlier in the afternoon before the usual 3pm check-in time that most properties have and she told me that I could come in as early as I liked and stay as long as I wanted. That really made me feel like I made the right decision since Chris was so accommodating.

When we arrived, we noticed how beautiful the view was and were greeted warmly. She had recently injured her back and had limited mobility, but it never stopped her from making sure our time there was special.

She bought a bouquet of roses, champagne and dessert and decorated the room with rose petals and tea lights before we got back from our 4 course dinner at the Sooke Harbour House. She also filled the jacuzzi and sprinkled rose petals in the tub for us.

Needless to say this all added to the ambiance and made for one of the most special evenings of our lives. My girlfriend is now my fiance.

We will cherish the memories of the time we spent at Moonlit Cove forever.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2010

Once you are off the main road (Sooke Rd), you drive up to see the main house, 2 cabins off to your right hand side as well as deer and the cutest white tailed bunnies (too cute) on the sizeable front lawn area!

The suites/cabins are incredibly clean, there is amazing amount of little details and things like cold drinks wating for us in the fridge, yummy candies for that quick sugar fix, clean bedding and good quality towels......and of course the view.....it is absolutely stunning and priceless!!! You look out and see the Ocean, thick lush trees and there is a path leading down to the Galloping Goose!...but be sure to eat mounds of yummy blackberries as you pass down along the path :P

The breakfast was tasty!!! A huge serving of homemade cheese and veggie omellette with fresh orange juice, whole wheat toast, marmalade, breakfast sausage, and yogurt that was served outside. The great thing was seeing the family of quails march on by as well as hummingbirds zooming nearby!

Well, like I told Chris (Owner)....."You have RUINED other B&B's for me now after having stayed at your place!" LOL!!!!!

• Stayed May 2010
toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2010

I've been twice now (one on biz other on a bike trip) and highly recommend this wonderful B&B right off of Sooke Road.

The view is spectacular /breath taking, the hospitality is first class and the rates are very reasonable. Chris (owner) gives it her all - attention to detail is evident the moment you arrive. The best part about this spot is if you have special requests/needs, Chris will make it happen if she can.

Also can't forget about the fantastic breakfast she serves!

I highly recommend this wonderful spot only 20 km from Victoria. Sooke and Moonlit Cove rock!

Yes- wireless!