“A Perfect Afternoon”

Sooke Coastal Explorations
More attraction details
Owner description: Are you ready to embark on a one-of-a-kind exploration with Vancouver Island’s premium quality Whale Watching and Eco-Adventure company?Sooke Coastal Explorations can take you on an exhilarating West Coast marine adventure that will thrill your senses and leave you with a deep appreciation for the enchanting creatures that inhabit our local waters. Offering the perfect balance of excitement, safety and education, our experienced, knowledgeable crew will take you on an open water excursion lasting 3 to 4 hours in length, and travelling along the Island’s western shores.
Sooke, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A Perfect Afternoon”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We have been out with various whale-watching outfits around Victoria. No-one beats Russ and Sooke Coastal Explorations. His enthusiasm is infectious and he he has a really good knowledge of the multiple marine creatures that you are likely to see on a trip with him. We went out on our third trip with him this week. We spent at least an hour with a pod of orcas, also saw a harbour porpoise, sealions, seals and then on our way back, Russ spotted two humpies miles away and off we went again! Thanks for a great afternoon.

1 Thank Linmaf

• Hebrew first
Varese, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“AWSOME!”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

During our trip tp BC we had already gone whale watching in Campbell River and we were not really sure whether to go again or not in Sooke. I'm so glad we did!!! Our tour was awsome thanks to the pod of resident orcas that we met just off Botanical Beach. I could have spend the whole day out there watching them! just awsome...

1 Thank elle1212
Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great Trip”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Booked a whale watching trip on-line. The trip exceeded expectations. Boat was comfortable and Captain Russ knew his stuff. Got to see Orcas and humpbacks. As a bonus, we saw a bald eagle and some seals. We would highly recommend.

Saskatoon, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic trip!”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Captain Russ and first mate Josh are outstanding tour guides: personable, and very knowledgeable about all the sea life you might see. As a small, local business, they truly care about their guests, and want them to have the best possible experience. For example: on our first trip out, we didn't see any whales (the first time in more than a month, they said, that the whales won the game of hide-and-seek)--although we saw lots of sea lions etc along the way--and so they charged us a reduced rate, and invited us to rebook, only having to pay the difference for a second time out. And so we went out again, two days later, and had an absolutely amazing time observing two humpbacks. You will not regret an outing with these guys!

1 Thank Randy K
Vancouver, Washington, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Well worth the money!”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My friend and I decided to splurge on our vacation and book a whale watching trip. The staff was amazing and seemed as excited as we were. The boat was fun and we saw Orcas come out of the water and land on their backs. It was so beautiful it made me cry! I didn't want to take my camera out but our guide snapped a great shot and posted it right away on Facebook. I was able to share my adventure right away with my friends and family. The next time I am back in Victoria I will book again with Sooke Coastal Explorations!! Thank you so much for the adventure!

1 Thank Katrina R